VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a couple I ran across...

bikes.jpg

bike2.jpg

KGrHqEOKoYE10FSzBKBNw095I4uw0_12.jpg

trike.jpg

Here I am on my first ride - circa 1955.

Vintage shop photo (before & after)

Here is a picture of our shop back in the 50's
Picturesall789.jpg

Here is a couple years back when i tried a little recreation (w/o motors)
Picturesall788.jpg

Heres a couple vintage JC Higgins in my fleet,First is a 54 girls bike I flipped into a cafe style for my son...
jc1.jpg
jc2.jpg
jchigginsflip7.jpg
jchigginsflip6.jpg
jchigginsflip4.jpg
And here is a 60's boys bike in its original patina..
higgins3.jpg
higginsrack5.jpg
bikes004.jpg
bikes001.jpg
bikes002.jpg

The other side of IVER JOHNSON
From the 1968 GUN TRADERS GUIDE to mkt value of pre- war IVER JOHNSON arms. Interesting!

File0004-2.jpg

File0001-2.jpg

File0002-1.jpg

Strings_and_steam said:
bike.jpg

hmmmm

I've looked long and hard at this one. I'm not 'totally drawn' to it or anything, so I'm not defending it just becuase I think its awesome; I actually think it's just a good pic, not the best not the worst. But I would venture a hypothesis that yes, it is a real pic, someone did capture this rider in motion. HOWEVER... I am guessing he did not remain in motion for very long after this was snapped, and perhaps this photo was a 'lucky shot' of this jockey about to wipe out while makign a sharp corner.

Just my thoughts :roll:

I happened to show this pic to a cycling buddy and, amazingly, the jockey in question was a family friend of his parents :shock:

"The cyclist in the top right hand corner lived about 10 miles from where I was born at Clifton up on the Darling Downs. They even had Tiger Moth aircraft and we used to see him flying all over the area.
My parents knew the family fairly well."

The Darling Downs is a farming locale inland from Brisbane, Australia.

Go here http://www.pictureaustralia.org/index.html and search for 'ultimate speed '. The photo and short history comes up.

John Bange.... circa 1930

I think we can assume the photo is genuine! :D

From the Thomas Kempland Collection.
eike-motorwheel3.jpg

bikes3.jpg

4eikebike.jpg

4bikeshop2.jpg

4bikeshop.jpg

2drom8aug301914.jpg

x-eike.jpg

A really great collection from glass plate negatives. They were almost thrown out recently by the family! Luckily they were saved and scanned for all to enjoy. If you like board track motorcycles check out the archive.
http://www.usgennet.org/usa/mo/county/s ... splate.htm

Great photos. I love the giant chainring on the bike in front of the shop.
I wonder if he took that from a 1910 Schwinn exercise bike. :p

Truly an epic thread 8)

Latest posts

Back