Girls Hawthorn & Boys Skip-Tooth Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I had a few bikes for sale, and a guy came to look he had these with him, so I swapped. The girls bike is a Hawthorn, not sure of age, but it's green w/white racing stripe on it. Cool handlebars. Don't really want his bike... I'll sell it. (pm me if interested, but I will not ship it!)

But the boys Western Flyer is Super-Cool! I have been wanting a frame that looked like this forever. It's a skip-tooth so I guess it's kinda old. I love skip-tooth bikes, hands down my favorite. I'll be keeping this one for sure! ANyways - thanks for looking, T.
OH, if anyone has any info on these or how to tell what year they are I'd love to know...

tra_x_01.jpg

tra_x_02.jpg

tra_x_03.jpg

tra_x_04.jpg

tra_x_05.jpg

tra_x_06.jpg

The M/W "crest" badge was new for 1950, and was used at least through 1957. I believe that's a Snyder built bike, if the rear fender brace holes in the rear dropouts are 'double holes', it definitely is. Seen a lot of 53's that were that green, in fact I have one that's apart, that one is CWC built, and has the curved rear stays. -Adam

I like the way the cream colored points on the front of the frame sweep way back along the bars. That's a neat bike. You got the rack flattened out pretty good too. Chainguard in your future? Gary

i have dibs if you sell :mrgreen:

hey! just put the gaurd off of the green bike on it!

Latest posts

Back