Excelsior Deluxe- 6/29--chainguard mounted

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Excelsior Deluxe- 6/20--update...... finally

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pus ... ORM=IDFRIR

go to your local hardware store in the nuts and bolts section and look for these. they have round and square shaft ones. some are button head for things like wagons or trikes. and have a red or black or white cap. that will look cool on there though :mrgreen:

Thanks for the suggestions. I drilled the holes and found some nuts that kinda threaded on. Mounting it is tricky as the tolerances are tight. I may try another crank as the dogleg one looks a little bent.

IMG_20110623_223100.jpg

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

The chainguard emblem gives it that old school roadster vibe, very classe. Can't wait to see more.

ej599 said:
2dawgs said:
The chainguard emblem gives it that old school roadster vibe, very classe. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks, this will definitely look old by the time I am done.

I got the chainguard all mounted with the original crank. I added a washer between the sprocket and bearing cone. The rear fender is mounted too. I was was going to install a front fender but sadly the screw broke off when remove the original fender. But I don't mind just running the rear. I am using a Brooks Flyer for the saddle too.

IMG_20110627_170507.jpg

its coming along great clancy! :D really digging the sprocket/chainguard combo with the bobbed fender. very nice work! 8)

Latest posts

Back