"RATS-ALT"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "RATS-ALT" (NEW LINES)

sensor said:
all i can say is....
short list!
Thank you......Thank you very much.

Hey this is a great build. I like it alot, the stance is really cool

KOTA said:
Hey pick. It's my wife's idea to do stuff in the living room. Otherwise she's afraid she'd never see me....I'd be a cellar dweller!
Now you got me thinking! My wife probably won't allow bikes in the house, because I would be in there all the time. I think she likes it when I'm in the shop instead of the house, and I can also do a better job of dodging the Honey-Do list as well!

I like the truss rod idea! You just keep coming up with cool additions to this bike!

herr_rudolf said:
Glad this ain't over yet!
:lol: :lol: .There's SEVEN weeks left! I don't plan on painting it for at least 3-4 weeks from now. I have no idea what "could" be next. :lol:

KOTA said:
herr_rudolf said:
:lol: :lol: .There's SEVEN weeks left! I don't plan on painting it for at least 3-4 weeks from now. I have no idea what "could" be next. :lol:

There's also a 'Finished Bikes of RRBBO#6'-thread since today! :mrgreen:

I love your attitude towards your build. I did my RRBBO#4-bike that way and I'm a bit jealous of you now I'm working off of a tought-out 'concept'. I try to be spontainious but somehow I keep falling back on my initial design. I like it when you suddenly decide to try something new and realizing it works!

Keep on doing what you do my friend.

KOTA said:
herr_rudolf said:

Is it painted yet???? :lol: :lol: I'm with you. I haven't painted yet, but have plenty of stuff still to do, besided, once it's painted you have to worry about putting a huge scratch on it while fitting parts etc. Lookin great so far!

I've got about three color schemes in mind. ALL different. I don't know if I want something shiny, something satin or something flat. It'll be a couple of weeks before I decide.....Thanks!

Re: "RATS-ALT" (mini skirt)

KOTA said:
SOOOO! Here is the very last shot unpainted. I have a paint scheme in mind. But to be sure, I'm going to wait a week or so. This was the "look" I was going for (big BULLY)....So far it's been relaxing and FUN.

003-22.jpg
Love the position of the rear fender

Re: "RATS-ALT" (mini skirt)

socratesjpt said:
Love the position of the rear fender

Thanks! Wasn't to sure in the beginning, like it NOW.

Rodderz said:
One of my top 3 !! Great work man !!! :lol:
Thanks! I'm flattered.

I've been looking at the bike for over a week, now....I can't make up my mind whether or not I like the ADDED tubes. Not sure if it adds or takes away from the bike....Opinions?
006B.jpg

I think the extra tubing adds to the cool factor of the bike. That said, my vote goes for having it farther back 8)

EDIT: Forget what I said.. I like it closer to the tire. However, I think the "point" itself should be a little farther back. Maybe take an inch off of the tip so it it doesn't look like it will cut the tire?

dont take this the wrong way but i am one of those "if you add something to a bike it should serve some sort of purpose sorta guys. now with that said those lines get real blury with the build off i mean i tweaked adding 9 pounds of vw carbs and plumbing junk to one side of a poor schwinn just so i could have the bells there but at least they served a purpose. i get what you are going for adding a lower line to the frame but why? maybe a faring for the pedals so when your flying down a hill it will cut through the wind better?

karfer67 said:
dont take this the wrong way but i am one of those "if you add something to a bike it should serve some sort of purpose sorta guys. now with that said those lines get real blury with the build off i mean i tweaked adding 9 pounds of vw carbs and plumbing junk to one side of a poor schwinn just so i could have the bells there but at least they served a purpose. i get what you are going for adding a lower line to the frame but why? maybe a faring for the pedals so when your flying down a hill it will cut through the wind better?
Sometimes , because it just f#&king cool , is all the purpose you need

That tubing looks good! I think the chainguard should somehow follow the same line though. Both should be parallel with the ground.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I like the addition of the new tubing (original photo). The murray frame is really 'familiar', ya know? I think the addition adds something fresh to it.

Cheers,
Dr. T
It's a Higgins. :lol: Head tube is just "slightly" longer then a Murray.

This is what I'm trying to do with the lines....Well sorta. :roll:
There's even a line on the tank.....herr-rudolf taught me this stuff. :lol:

006B-1.png

KOTA said:
Dr. Tankenstein said:
I like the addition of the new tubing (original photo). The murray frame is really 'familiar', ya know? I think the addition adds something fresh to it.

Cheers,
Dr. T
It's a Higgins. :lol: Head tube is just "slightly" longer then a Murray.

This is what I'm trying to do with the lines....Well sorta. :roll:
There's even a line on the tank.....herr-rudolf taught me this stuff. :lol:

006B-1.png
kota, that bike is starting to look really evil! 8) every step of the build the bike gets more menacing. that pic is a great example of what i refer to as a bikes "flow lines". mainly, trying to keep your straight lines and curved lines working in harmony. keep doing what your doing! :D

Latest posts

Back