Columbia 5-Star Superb

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Got a call yesterday from a local guy from that I deal with over on the BMX Museum (jayoldmanbmx) and he says he is looking at this old Columbia with a gas tank and head light and was wondering what it was worth. As he is describing it too me Im thinking its a RX-5 reproduction but he says the guy he is buying from insists its been in his familys barn since the 50s and the guy only wants $100 bux so it must be a repop, right? I took a shoot and told him if he picked it up and its complete and decent Id give him double his money for it....still assumeing its a repop and I'll part it out for some quick cash. Well when I go to pick it up this morning this its whats there- :D

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

I believe its a 1952 5-star Suberb 75th Anniversary Edition and it seems to be pretty much all original and in decent surrvior shape besides for some flakey chrome on the bars and front hoop, even has the key for the springer and front drum brake! Im really digging the light green and have never seen another one in this color scheme. Needless to say this wont be a part out!

I'm a sucker for tank bikes and I look at the forum every day. I have to admit, that one is one of the coolest bikes I have seen come through in awhile. Just classic lines, paint, tank, the key, looks totally complete and is the epitome of what makes a great 50's deluxe bike. In my opinion of course, cause I am far from an expert. That's the kind of bike and deal that I dream about finding in barns. Thanks for posting and gives all of us hope that the great bikes are still out there. Brian in MI

Greystoke said:
I'm a sucker for tank bikes and I look at the forum every day. I have to admit, that one is one of the coolest bikes I have seen come through in awhile. Just classic lines, paint, tank, the key, looks totally complete and is the epitome of what makes a great 50's deluxe bike. In my opinion of course, cause I am far from an expert. That's the kind of bike and deal that I dream about finding in barns. Thanks for posting and gives all of us hope that the great bikes are still out there. Brian in MI

I totally agree with you about the '50s tank bikes, I collect all kinds of bikes but nothing compares to these tankers. They are like pieces of art that you can ride!

Latest posts

Back