Jersey Devils B.C. - We're official!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been lamenting about the sad participation rate we have in the jersey area for organized kustom cruiser activities /events.

I look at areas like Cali and Fla and the midwest that have bike clubs, freak bike militias and the Choppederos and wish we could have the same comraderie and participation.

So in an effort to promote this, I'd like to propose the formation of a bike club along the lines of Karfer's Pedal Grinders in Sacco, CA.

Here's his rules:
======================
==========================

anyone with a cool bicycle or car can become a pedal grinder. we are an easy going club and only have a few ground rules.

.show up to meetings, shows, and rides
.work on you bike or car or if you don't know how we will teach ya'
.don't be a d@#$ (we already got one)
.have fun and represent the club

==========================
---------------------------------------------=

Ours would be called the "Jersey Devils"

I hava a source for embriodered rockers for the back of your jacket or vest that could have "Jersey Devils" on top rocker and maybe your town along the bottom rocker and 'B.C.' patch. Cost $50 for all 3.

Getting organized might force some of us to particiapte more in rides/gathering/events

I've posted this over at Bighits forum, and I've already got his and Willg's participation.

So that's 3 OG memebers already!

Here's my thinking; Since we have peeps from a pretty wide geographic area (North/South Jersey/Philly), maybe we start by meeting , say every 3 months at first. That should give everyone plenty of time to make plans, get sitters, dump the spouse, etc. These would be the 'Big' meets that would be mandatory for inclusion in the Club. Once this get going, we could shorten the time frame between meets.

Of course, we here in South Jersey have the monthly Rat Rod Rendezvous in Westmont, but I know that's a hard one to hit on a Thursday night especially for the out-of-towners. Another great one to meet at will be the Hot Rod hoedown in September. Maybe by then we could have a dirty dozen 'devils.

What I've been doing with my GF is do a really nice ride that lasts about an hour one way, winding thru Historic Haddonfield NJ then onto Copper River park which you can ride completely around, then culminating in a short ride to the Pour House for some lunch and adult bevs. This might be a good event if we wanna meet in the SJ area. Then maybe we'd do a run up the North Jersey way along the same lines.

Another event we've been eyeing is a run to the shore in September to benefit the Police.

I'd like to see each of us with the town they're from on the lower rocker, and maybe an old skool devil's head patch in between the rockers with a "B.C." patch underneath that. I'll try and get some pics of what these patches would look like. Feel free to suggest a devil patch you find appealing.

Spin

Re: Jersey Devils B.C. - who's in?

source for rockers here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CUSTOM-B ... 8247040053

Bighit and I are toying with having a middle patch with an image relating to the 'jersey devil' or something like that. those memebers willing to pony up for the patches will vote on what image they like best.

Here's some ideas so far;

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

bighit.jpg

Spin just a thought the Cobras leisure Bicycle Club in denver have had a few few times that they crossed paths with hard core bikers and the lack of a location rocker on their vests seem to make it ok otherwise there might have been conflict. Their patch is This:

cobrasz.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-11-22

As prez of team Terrapin I welcome and support ya, Bro. I can personally attest to the difficulty of trying to get anything organized in NJ. I keep hoping for bigger turnouts at The Bike-In ( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40250 ) and I'm attempting to get a run together To the Metz Bicycle Museum in Freehold ( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41110 ) but it's been slow going. :(

bighit said:
thanks for the tips on patch rules. wouldnt want to get our buts kicked.

threads Here,
I was kind of thinking the same thing. Rockers are a big deal to hardcore bikers. How about a logo on a t- shirt or something. Patches and rockers could be a problem, all you want to do is organize some fun on bicycles not ruffle anybody's feathers. :|

I have read about some issues with the 'rockers' and sure don't want trouble.

I would forego the lower rocker and just have the upper rocker with 'Jersey Devils' along with our logo image patch and 'B.C.' patch underneath the image.

I'd hate to change our vision of the club due to the 'fear factor'.

Spin

What are you guys going to discuss at your meetings? How you have to make a right in order to make a left? How you guys don't have the second amendment rights? Your high taxes?

All joking aside. I'm interested. What part of Jersey will you guys be meeting in? I'm from Philadelphia.

I'd def be interested as long as we have NO REFERENCE TO THE HOCKEY TEAM.... I hate them. Im a rangers fan. I'd love to see something related to Asbury Park... but thats just me.....

Bigcam59 said:
As prez of team Terrapin I welcome and support ya, Bro. I can personally attest to the difficulty of trying to get anything organized in NJ. I keep hoping for bigger turnouts at The Bike-In ( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40250 ) and I'm attempting to get a run together To the Metz Bicycle Museum in Freehold ( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41110 ) but it's been slow going. :(
heck ya its hard to get a decent sized ride going , theres just so much stuff going on every weekend

You know I'm in like Flynn, btw! 8)

hmmm...
devil-1.jpg

something like this? 8)

devilwhite.jpg

You got it 8)

Latest posts

Back