Post Your Ocean Pacific Cruisers!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'll be building up a An Ocean Pacific Cruiser from Wally world soon, since the price is now dirt cheap! I know others have built these up, how bout posting some pictures?
I had one for a short time before and only got to play with it a little...
op3.jpg

op2a.jpg

Re: Post Your OP Cruisers!

My most recent...with apes
op2-1.jpg

and without...
Img_5826.jpg

Cool! Hope you both can make it to the DooDah Parade. 8)

got mine down to the frame. i left the crank on because im not repainting but ive been buffing scratches and shelfwear out of the paint.
i managed to scrape all the stickers off as well.
a major parts run is in order for the next step id say

Mine in it's current state... 8)
op6d.jpg

If you go for a springer, make sure the steer tube is long enough. The OP has a pretty long steer tube, and the black springer I got was too short for it. Luckily there was no shortage of bikes to use it on. 8)
Also has anyone stripped paint off of an aluminum frame and polished it up? I'm beginning to wonder how it would look all polished.

The grips came from Walmart when they were clearing out some cruiser stuff. The bars are off a late model Diamondback Wildwood. Apparently they were shipped out with these bars, but they never caught on and Diamondback ended up replacing a bunch of them. I got mine from my local bike shop.
As for the 3 speed, I did have a nexus 4 speed wheel on it for a day before I traded wheels with my Electra. Now the electra is a 4 speed and the OP is back to being a one speed. 8)

Bigcam59 said:
The grips came from Walmart when they were clearing out some cruiser stuff. The bars are off a late model Diamondback Wildwood. Apparently they were shipped out with these bars, but they never caught on and Diamondback ended up replacing a bunch of them. I got mine from my local bike shop.
As for the 3 speed, I did have a nexus 4 speed wheel on it for a day before I traded wheels with my Electra. Now the electra is a 4 speed and the OP is back to being a one speed. 8)

OK, so no problem fitting an internally geared wheel on the back without mods then? Or are all internally geared rear wheel kits that same size as a standard wheel without gearing?

I only ask because I picked up a 21 speed Schwinn MB for parts and found that the rear fork width was much too narrow to attempt using that rear wheel and derailluer on the bike.

I'm thinking of purchasing this bike from Sam's club onlineand taking the wheels and front fork for my OP (my fork looks slightly warped). The bike is only $150 shipped to my home and has an internal Shimano/Nexus 3 speed rear hub.

Here's my new ride...
roller3.jpg

Got some mods in store including paint (Army green), fenders, 3 speed rear wheel and shifter and a new tan leather seat (to complete the "military bike" look).

HPIM8749.jpg
I bought one, could'nt help it it was just to cool. I got 10% off for the scratches and the dust. I have taken off all the stickers except for the scallops by the head tube. Replaced the seat post clamp bolt and regressed everthing. Rides good, thinking about a 3 speed and black apes, should be good.

Latest posts

Back