Maybe wondering

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So some of you maybe wondering ...what has happened to Uncle Stretch....maybe its that I suffer from delusions of grandeur and nobody really cares . A few years back Sachs the German company designed a small scooter and got China to build them. They are pretty much junk as with most of China's products. If you buy a new one they are around $2500. They fall apart pretty quick. Lots of bolts falling off, things breaking , and wiring that will drive you crazy. I wanted one anyway. I'm a glutton for punishment. I found a used one in Utah close to where Kram lives and he bought it for me. He took it apart and stuck it in four boxes and shipped it. It came with a 50cc one speed motor. I bought a new china 110cc motor and changed it , while I was putting it together. It runs good and I have made a bunch of changes. Anything that might break , I fixed. It is still just a little junk scooter , but is a blast to putt around the neighborhood. I look at it and figure out stuff to change. Eventually it will have a monster back tire with a jack shaft and some other goofy ideas that I have. It will run about 45 and is wound up really tight. The back sprocket is way too big...ordered another.
Anyway have I quit building bikes...maybe for a while...will I build more....probably , the $500 bender and stack of 1 1/2'' tubing in my garage calls to me. For now I'm going to tear up and change what I can on this silly little scooter, and sell a few bikes to pay for my stupidity.

DSCF0003-11.jpg

Not till I get a title. Then its going to be painted and no stickers. For some reason I hate flat black. Its terrible when your touch up color is Bar B Q heat paint . At least its a good primer. :lol:

That's the coolest looking scooter I've seen!.....I can DEFINATELY understand your taking a break from bicycles, for this project.....GOOD LUCK! Keep us posted.

well youre not the only one branching off uncle. im getting consumed by work and graduation crap :roll:

Well I got it dialed in pretty good. I took a big bottle of Visine and rubbed all over it..not really just painted all the red stuff silver. Its looking pretty good though. Did clean my shop and I'm down to just a few bikes and way less parts. My junk man is going to love the new pile. So here is my little scooter so far. 107cc's of pure terror.

DSCF0001-44.jpg

NICE!..Sorta reminds me of a West Coast Choppers bicycle.....That's a MEAN looking little bugger.

Ok ,so you want a video of an old fat guy on a little scooter? I look bad enough on my bicycles. :oops:
These are just cool , because you can put a different motor in about an hour. Kinda makes you feel like your at Indy.
Oh and as a side note , I haven't smoked a cigarette in 9 days.....and counting :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Oh and as a side note , I haven't smoked a cigarette in 9 days.....and counting :lol:

Did you get those shots that make you want to stop or are you going cold turkey?

Nothing but good can come from kicking that habit. :wink:

I am doing the gum and one of those e cigarettes some. The gum works best for me. Vapeing is ok , but kinda a pain. I have sorta switched what I do. I'm nowhere near quit. It takes me 6 months before I can say I don't smoke anymore. Hard habit to kick. :roll:

Ok here is a fat old guy on a little scooter. Not like a bike. In just a second your a block away. Oh well Double click on the picture.

i was wondering why all those bikes were being sold....now i know!
but now that ive seen the scooter im wondering how the shock for the seat works since it looks like its a solid mount :?
oh and good luck....only thing i have to say about quitting smoking is dont ever have another or all the work you did stopping is for nothing(i made it over a year until i started at a shop where everyone smoked and did so inside the shop....then that was it :x now i get to go through it all over again)
nice little road burner!

Yeah Sensor , I got caught up in another equally silly hobby for a while. It has a mono shock and it works really good. Its a soft ride. I need to put a little heavier oil in the forks. It dives pretty good when you stop. Just something silly to do.
I quit for a year and 3 months . They came in and told us we were all going to be let go. I though man another career change at 40 . I got so upset and when I got home I bought a pack and smoked a couple. The next day I was back to 2 packs a day. They didn't run us off and I wasted my stopping smoking for nothing. I'm pretty sure I can get through it. Just a tough habit to break. Unless you have done it , you have no idea.

I took the baffle out and with just that megaphone it sounded like my Harley did...well loud enough to have the neighbors complain if I left it like that.

i havent tried to quit smoking(yet), but i am a recovering alcoholic,2yrs and 7months completely sober. i went cold turkeyon my own, checked into rehab a week later, and havent had a beer since. honestly, i doubt if i could even choke down a beer now. sounds like im bragging, but i give all the credit my wifes support, my moms prayers, and my best friend practically throwing my on the wagon, so to speak. i dont go to meetings, and i can hang out with the boys when they're drinking and not have cravings at all. i believe God made me quit, and i pray he helps you also.
thats a pretty cool little scooter, any desire to build one from scratch?

That is really good Xray. However you better yourself in life helps. Its a pretty short trip anyway, and if you have something kicking you all the time its just harder. I hope to give this cigarette thing a while and then see if I can loose my stomach . Got several things bothering me and I have big plans to change them. I hope.
I have the stuff to scratch build a scooter , but the title keeps getting in the way. Its hard to put money and work into something you can only ride off road.

Latest posts

Back