1930's Colson Racer...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my son (el duderino) brought me a present two weeks ago...
photo1.jpg

looking GOOD after a flip of the bars and seat...
zcomp2.jpg

work in progress...
cols3.jpg

this is my second "Rat"...the tires came from member Chimichanga (good prices, FAST shipping!)...everthing 'cept the grips is Original...not crazy about the bars but they came w/ the bike (haha, trying to do it on a budget)...

That was on the Louisville Craigslist, I think. I remember looking at it, and if gas prices hadn't been so high, I would've looked at it more closely. I like the patina you left on the bike.

yes Elgin, the bike came from Louisville...I wasn't too psyched at first, until I saw what a little Steel Wool could do...
yes Maddog, I'll be racing it!...all the way to the Beer Store...

thanks for the props!...the tires are CREAM...I plan on rubbing a little "Old English" on them with a partial wipe off...some artificial patina...

buckchocolate said:
thanks for the props!...the tires are CREAM...I plan on rubbing a little "Old English" on them with a partial wipe off...some artificial patina...

Haha, sounds like it will look great. Are the wheels painted or is that patina?

took it for a spin today

took it for a Spin today...runs good!...switched out the bars, and stained the tires today...I still have a few details in my head I want to get done (rusty number plate)
rr.jpg

I have a similiar looking frame, Absolutely love your build, made a membership so I could finally throw down a comment!

Latest posts

Back