anyone know if there is metallic maroon/dark red spray paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looked around here and havent found any so far...maybe someone knows a place.....thx for the help

for odd colors like that i'd go too a Auto parts store ,try NAPA if you have one near buy ?

Duplicolor makes a dark red with metal specks. Found it at NAPA

Z2jvel3KnP13HapRITQrYw-8GvC78iPrqCSr5OgvXjHH9Irt4rymlWz1mjb529OWKoFMuKAFexq5TeVBoRBomNkcExsclKsO0Wjsge8wKmX3OsNVlg6YQj3UsL8zGTInrli8_1I_8OR8XveNY0TPSBjnos7zZVddv-KtRKnh4ajg91k

JTA_0244.jpg

Thats about the same color as we use at the plant I work at. Try looking for a Honda color (Dark Cherry Pearl) it is beautiful in the sunlight....has a very deep feature to it.

i love the duplicolor paint. although on the interior of my falcon i wanted a darker red (like you are asking) so i started with a black base then shot it over that and it came out a neat dark red

roland365 said:
Thx that's the color I was looking for.I need to hit it up

cman said:
Duplicolor makes a dark red with metal specks. Found it at NAPA

Z2jvel3KnP13HapRITQrYw-8GvC78iPrqCSr5OgvXjHH9Irt4rymlWz1mjb529OWKoFMuKAFexq5TeVBoRBomNkcExsclKsO0Wjsge8wKmX3OsNVlg6YQj3UsL8zGTInrli8_1I_8OR8XveNY0TPSBjnos7zZVddv-KtRKnh4ajg91k

JTA_0244.jpg

this stuff is great, i just used it on my brother's girlfriend's bike this weekend. i sprayed the silver metallic base coat first, than followed with REALLY light coats of the red.

sdJOE86 said:
this stuff is great, i just used it on my brother's girlfriend's bike this weekend. i sprayed the silver metallic base coat first, than followed with REALLY light coats of the red.

I like that color, you got pics of it with the silver base coat?

Tychevelle said:
sdJOE86 said:

The bike is down the block, I'll post pics tomorrow morning man.

I have excellent results using Dupilcolor Metal Flake Gold then spraying Testors Transparent Red over that for a really lush candy-apple red. It works best with a couple coats of clear over it, let it cure for a week and then buff it up with Turtle Wax Express Spray wax. You will be impressed.

This process works very good with the whole variety of Testors transparent colors. Just switch up your base metal flake for different colors of transparent top coats. Like metal flake silver for blue and purple, and gold flake for red and yellow.

I have recently found out that your local Sherman Williams can get you returnable aerosol cans of various metal flake bases and transparent tops. These might work even better as the returnable rattle can paints are really nice paints. You just pay for the paint and a small deposit for the can, and return the empty can to Sherman Williams.

I hear that PPG offers a similar aerosol line, but I have yet to try it out.

Tychevelle said:
sdJOE86 said:

Hey sorry I took a bit longer than i thought. here is a pic of My brothers GF's bike I painted. I used the silver base as a base coat and the red as a top coat. I t has been drying for a week now, The pic does the paint no justice. It looks really great when the sun hits it. I will be shooting some clear on it tomorrow and will post more pics.
-Joe
P1070335.jpg

P1070337.jpg

WHOAAA I had a heart attack when I walked into Autozone yesterday, that stuff is $11 a can![/quote]

I have used some restoleum metallics paint before. You get a similar effect but it comes out just a tad darker. But hey, its only 5$ bucks a can.

looks good....i was thinking of putting down some silver base and going over with duplicolor red metal cast...
i havent found any samples but if not i like the red metal speck on it.

roland365 said:
looks good....i was thinking of putting down some silver base and going over with duplicolor red metal cast...
i havent found any samples but if not i like the red metal speck on it.

We actually tried some of the metal cast, and IMO it looked "off". I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow.

oh really ....thanks for the info..id hate to do it and find that it doesnt look good....

Latest posts

Back