Roach. Turbo'd methanol rat bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is! The nastiest bike we at 3G Fabs have built to date! Its a turbo'd 15.+ Methanol fed beast we call Roach. Its on steroids in case your wondering ;)

1001-1.jpg

1002-1.jpg

In the beginning......

1-1.jpg

The turbo is off of an '83 Suburu and strapped to the bike via a shock mount (on bottom tubes) and a 15mm wrench. A new filter is in the making to be routed under the motor cover and to the front of the bike.

1008.jpg

1009.jpg

Your legs wrap around this thing and sit comfortably on dads old...ish ;) 1/2 ratchets. The exhaust and turbo plumbing doesn't get in the way.

1005-1.jpg

In order to keep the turbo cool at 7,200 rpms it is manually oil'd with this.

1011-1.jpg

If we are going to go fast,we need to stop too! A hand brake from a race car shift linkage was mod'd to fir and brake the front wheel. Kinda like a jockey shift.

1012-1.jpg

Making good use of all that we have. The old piston and piston rod for a kickstand with the help of a ratchet and socket.

1010-1.jpg

Mountain bike shock for a soft ride.

1007-1.jpg

We kept popping and twisting spokes,so we welded 3 square tubes to the sprocket and bolted it with a carriage bolt to the rim.

1006-1.jpg

1003-1.jpg

1000-1.jpg

World of Wheels 2011 in New Orleans. Took 1st place with all 3 bikes. I'll post up the others at the end of this post. :)

11.jpg

Exhaust has since been modified a little and header wrapped as well for the 'cool factor'

8-1.jpg

Cut the factory Stingray forks 6'' to slam the bike :) We like em low!

3.jpg

Here is the Saints Superbowl Tribute Bicycle. We have had 2 purchases of these bikes by football player Mike McKanzie #34. Also founder of 34 Ways Foundation ( 34waysfoundation.org ) Since we will never build 2 identical bikes,each of them will look similar but have their own look. I won't go into detail of this one,I'll start a new thread titled Saints Tribute Bike tomorrow. Here are the pics :) This bike took 1st as well in its class. 'Custom Bike'

SaintsTributeBike25.jpg

SaintsTributeBike24.jpg

SaintsTributeBike4.jpg

ChampsBike.jpg

Sniper. Built on and off for 4 years and striped by Danny Taylor.

Sniper10.jpg

Sniper2.jpg

Sniper11.jpg

Enjoy! and thanks for checkin this HUGE post out. ;)

That's effin sick man ! you got to get a vid of that beast rolling down the street ! i wanna hear it

nice bikes. obviously, the turbo bike is incredible, but i like all 3. The saints bike, if someone described it to me, i probably wouldn't dig it. But, a picture is worth a thousand words, and that is one nice looking bicycle!

keep up the good work...and the posts here on the gallery!

-rob

That is sooooooooo ....... Love the headlight. Love the forks. Love the stance. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any videos of it in action? i really like the nasty danger factor to this bike. was the turbo off a 3 cyl subaru wow that is a little turbo must work pretty well with the briggs

isaiah3g said:
Here it is! The nastiest bike we at 3G Fabs have built to date! Its a turbo'd 15.+ Methanol fed beast we call Roach. Its on steroids in case your wondering ;)
1001-1.jpg

that's just mean lookin'. i saving this pic for inspiration.

Thanks guys! I really like the encouragement that everyone shares here at this site!

I now have this with me at college and I plan on shooting some video this weekend of it. I forgot th pull start back home...4 hours south of me :-/ so it's being mailed up...hopefully. A new one costs $63!!! :-0
So I will wait!

Well,the pull start won't be here until Monday sometime. So I did some improvising. I took a high torque and high speed drill,placed an adapter in it that will allow me to put a socket on it,placed a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter on top of that and then a big number socket on that...i forget the size...anyways,plugged it into the wall and she started right up! unfortunately I did a little,and I mean a little riding and the rear bearings started rolling away from me. The rear wheels bearings and casing are history! So no filming of this thing in action tomorrow. :( BUT! If the ridiculously high priced bike shop that doesn't like how we customize our bikes has bearings,I will buy them....begrudgingly from them...but I need em!

So if all works out right,I'll have some action shots tomorrow for everyone! Btw,the methanol smelt wonderful as I had it started. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back