Well my dream car is ...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes "65" super sport ,327 auto on the floor power brakes pwr steering,air all the goodies,i'm gonna miss that one .. :(

sweet !..yah saw that one before .,very nice..... 8)

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Just sold one of mine :cry:

0610091933a.jpg
You can't keep 'em all :( but I still have mine , but I need to sell it too :cry:
006-6.jpg

Not my car, but I would love to have it. The Purple People Eater was built by Mark Idzardi of the Shifters car club.
That's a big blown Pontiac with 8 strombergs on it.
ppe12.jpg

jwm said:
1954_Ford_Atmos.jpg

1954 Ford Atmos concept car. When I was a kid, this is what we looked forward to driving when we grew up. Now we got what- a shiny new hybrid? :cry:
I want my future back.

JWM
You got that right. We were supposed to be driving bubble topped atomic chrome cars and flying around with jet packs. I miss the old future.

jwm said:
1954_Ford_Atmos.jpg

1954 Ford Atmos concept car. When I was a kid, this is what we looked forward to driving when we grew up. Now we got what- a shiny new hybrid? :cry:
I want my future back.

JWM

That ain't no prius. I'm not that old but I want that future too.

TheFlyingDingo said:
ford_nucleon_5.jpg

And this future?
Fords idea for a Nuclear powered car?
The Ford Nucleon.
It's like a cross between the Deora 2 and a '59 caddy. I love it!

My grandfather used to be an engineer for Ford. I have a rendering of a 50's all aluminum concept car called the Piedmont.The picture is laminated into a piece of automotive windshield glass. (with a cracked corner thanks to some spiteful %&%#* of a former girlfriend)
Anyway. In '91 I visited the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, and I managed to talk my way into their archives room where I spent a few hours going through pictures and brochures of their concept cars. I remember reading up on the Nucleon- the first atomic powered automobile of the future. Somehow it never quite made it into production. Bummer.

JWM

jwm said:
My grandfather used to be an engineer for Ford. I have a rendering of a 50's all aluminum concept car called the Piedmont.The picture is laminated into a piece of automotive windshield glass. (with a cracked corner thanks to some spiteful %&%#* of a former girlfriend)
Anyway. In '91 I visited the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, and I managed to talk my way into their archives room where I spent a few hours going through pictures and brochures of their concept cars. I remember reading up on the Nucleon- the first atomic powered automobile of the future. Somehow it never quite made it into production. Bummer.

JWM

That would be so much work to get that thing on the road...We would have mobile Bombs cruising down the road. Nader thought the corvair was bad.

mercedes_cls_55_amg_side_2005_1280x960.jpg

practicality speaking though... and I can almost afford a used one of these right now... this will fill the bill until I can afford the above... I've been driving one of these lately at work and I want one bad:

first-drive-mks-1280-01_opt.jpg

Latest posts

Back