FINAL RRB NAME/LICENSE PLATE DESIGN (ORDER TODAY!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FINAL RRB NAME/LICENSE PLATE DESIGN!

so then its a "born on date " then ....if there is no way 2 know what number u r ....the date u joined !!! i think someone said this ???

:lol: yup :roll:
so for me it would be 24111 (24th jan 2011)

I been waiting for these.

Put me down for a 3 pack.

I stopped by a trophy shop today and checked out engraving for the bike tags. She said she would machine engrave up to three lines for no more than $3.00 each and would put black dye in the lettering so it would show up. I saw some silver aluminum plates on trophies with the black dye and it really showed up well. It shouldn't be very hard for everyone to find a trophy shop. I live in a small town in the Atlanta suburbs and we have more than one.

Rat Rod said:
Looks like they will be delivered on Wednesday the 16th! :D

My Paypal account is primed and ready to go. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My UPS guy usually shows up around 6:00 p.m. :x

I'm eager to see how they turned out!

Well...unfortunately I have some bad news. :( :x :( :x

If you're ordering something that is called an aluminum "NAMEPLATE", wouldn't you expect there to be some decent level of thickness to the metal????

I knew I was in trouble when I picked up the UPS envelope they sent them in and it was as light as a feather and didn't even look like the envelope contained anything.

The aluminum that they used to print these on is literally like a sheet a paper.....I'm so FRUSTRATED by this!!!!! :x :x :x

Going to call them in the morning and hopefully we will be able to work this out....what they sent is useless to me.

Unfortunately their website says that custom orders cannot be returned....GRRRRRRRR!

Sorry for the delay guys...hopefully I can get this resolved quickly.

DSC_0002-3.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005-2.jpg

Re: FINAL RRB NAME/LICENSE PLATE DESIGN - CRUD!!!

DUDE! That stinks! Don't ya hate when someone gets your order wrong? Hopefully they say they will send you new ones the right thickness and tell you to keep the ones you got at no cost, they are garbage to them anyway right?

That is paper thin :shock: You can ship one of those to me if you want, I'll pay the postage stamp :mrgreen: I hope they get fixed :x

One of the problems is that I placed the order over the phone after looking at their website. The guy I spoke with never once mentioned the thickness of the material so I made the mistake of assuming that an "aluminum nameplate" would actually be thicker than a sheet of flippin' paper!!!

Is it 8:00am yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd think that when you mentioned the area for stamping something in them they'd say Um it's not thick enough to be stamped. Man you could throw some glue on them and you could sell them as stickers. You can ship one of those to me too if you want, I'll pay the postage stamp. :mrgreen: Looks like tin foil with paint on it. All that's missing is:
DSC_0002-3.jpg

More importantly, I noticed that your fingernails are a little too well groomed for a bike wrencher. :?

Are we not busting knuckles down were you live? your weather can't be as bad as ours in the N.E.

let's see a little lithium under those cuticles! :D

Spin

They asked me if I wanted them stamped so that was also another reason I thought they were thick.

As for my nails...I'm graphic designer...sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day for the past 14 years. :lol:

Rat Rod said:
They asked me if I wanted them stamped so that was also another reason I thought they were thick.

As for my nails...I'm graphic designer...sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day for the past 14 years. :lol:

If you tried to stamp that you'd go right through it unless you're using an inkpad type stamp. What were they thinking? :lol: Tough break man.

You've been hoodwinked :shock: :mrgreen: I think something got lost in translation there.

Latest posts

Back