Show us your Vintage Raleighs!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actualy love my old raleigh and would like to see other ones so I know what I want next! and also wanna share some good old english roadster information, if you have any questions about Old raleighs let me know, i've learned alot about them over the years.

1984 Raleigh transit 3 speed, it's a neat color and it's crap lol i'm rebuilding it with parts from a early 70's model.
100_2304.jpg

This is a Eatons Glider, however it's actualy a 1971 Raleigh sprite, hence both models looking the same and the glider's got Raleigh logos stamped on many parts. I am selling this because it's not 100% raleigh lol
100_2302.jpg

also have ladys model of the same bike
100_2323.jpg

Oldest Raleigh I own it's a sports and a 1939 model.

Current form
100_2287.jpg

When I got it.
100_1735.jpg

1972 Superbe, this happens to be a very unique superbe, they always only have one dyno hub, this one has two for some reason.
100_2225.jpg

100_2223.jpg

Random early 70's Sports
100_2202.jpg

Oh look another
100_2188.jpg

And another
100_2168.jpg

NOS Raleigh
100_2136.jpg

ANd something special.
100_2133.jpg

Looks like a Dl-1. you should seek out the missing parts. That type of Dl-1 is a nighly desired one and if you ever wanted to sell it someone would pay something good for it, but it would need fenders and full chaincase, though to his their own, I like the look of it like that lol

1984 Raleigh Super Course.

This is an older picture
Ive switched out the seat 8 times trying to find one that doesn't hurt my "sit bones". Im trying to find a nice mattress saddle to plop on there.

Hsean said:
Looks like a Dl-1. you should seek out the missing parts. That type of Dl-1 is a nighly desired one and if you ever wanted to sell it someone would pay something good for it, but it would need fenders and full chaincase, though to his their own, I like the look of it like that lol

I sold this one and a real beat up woman's for $300. Seemed like a good deal. The rear hub on the men's bike was so rusted it wouldn't spin. I dump ATF and degreaser in it and it actually started shifting again. I couldn't believe it.
'

3 speed sturmey archer hubs are hard to kill. havn't really ever came across a dead one.

Pepper has the nices Raleigh road bike i'd proberly ever seen lol.You offten don't see higher end Raleigh roadies.

Dang Hsean, looks like you've cornered the market on Raleighs!
Wish I could find a pic of my old late '60s/early '70s tourer - which you'd probably like - but it's long gone, and maybe the pics are, too...
And on that Eatons Glider - is that two different diameter wheels, or just an optical illusion??? :shock:

1978 Record Ace, my charity ride lightweight, went from a 10 speed to 14 speed w alloy wheels and upright bars.
oa7y1j.jpg

1960? Hercules, made by Raleigh, kept original except for upright bars and tires. I have the serial but no way of being sure of the exact year, could be early 70's.
2e3a5vs.jpg

1970 Phillips 1 speed, also made by Raleigh, original except for the seat and tires.
22db7r.jpg

Hmm KZ1000 thems some nice ones, it's to bad the green two are in that condition, that color of that model are much harder to find. I dig the black sports. it looks new lol

As for the Glider's wheel size. I think your seeing things Hammond Eggz lol

Heres a few more.

This is actualy one of my fav mountain bikes. out of all the mountain bikes i've rode this one was a great ride, a friend of mine is useing it at moment. i'm proberly gonna get a second one.
100_1863.jpg

Big piece of junk. looks neat but the quality was not.
100_1810.jpg

Another Glider. but it's a Sports.
100_1796.jpg

These are a nice color too. the pictures on the seat tube are nice.
100_1749.jpg

THis is the mate to the 1930's Raleigh. I never got this one, it did end up in my city somewhere though. reason I didn't want it is because i'd borow all the lovely parts... lol
9815hbd_20.jpg

Forgot one, another Raleigh made bike. 1967 Robin Hood saved from the roadside trash in Grand forks ND.
nxkh3r.jpg

Looking at that blue trike gives me ideas. I've got 2 sports bikes and a trike conversion that might become my next build.

Heres a trike thats another Glider, maybe more ideas wild? lol I have it exploded in parts right now lol. my goal is to use the rear end to convery my monark super deluxe into a trike. lol
100_1791.jpg

Looks like a early 1970's Raleigh sports, the type of brake leaves that bike has where only put on the raleighs for a few years in the early 70's after those the quality started dropping. most my 70's Raleighs have those because I think they are interesting.

Compair that Raleigh to my old black one, both sports and not much changed over the years back then, these where great daily use worker bikes.

Hsean said:
Looks like a early 1970's Raleigh sports, the type of brake leaves that bike has where only put on the raleighs for a few years in the early 70's after those the quality started dropping. most my 70's Raleighs have those because I think they are interesting.

Compair that Raleigh to my old black one, both sports and not much changed over the years back then, these where great daily use worker bikes.

I bought that bike at a local junk auction, It was a 1973,I don't think it was ever ridden. Had all kinds of original paperwork in the bag along with tools. 1 paper was for the brake levers, they were an upgrade that the owner had put on when new. I rode it for a few miles then put it on ebay after I swapped out a well used seat and got over $480. for it. Still have the original seat, looks like it was just made.

Yeah the Sports is offten a highly desiered model and bring in good money. the Superbe is the Deluxe version, that reminds me of mine when I got it, it had packing paper and stuff stuck to it in a few places and some tools. some people seem to buy them and never use lol

KZ1000 said:
Hsean said:

I bought that bike at a local junk auction, It was a 1973,I don't think it was ever ridden. Had all kinds of original paperwork in the bag along with tools. 1 paper was for the brake levers, they were an upgrade that the owner had put on when new. I rode it for a few miles then put it on ebay after I swapped out a well used seat and got over $480. for it. Still have the original seat, looks like it was just made.

Darn, I was hoping maybe it was for sale! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back