"Most over done trend?"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SimpleMan said:
Chainsaw said:
If you're a dimestore cowboy than you're gonna ride dimestore steed.

I love that! Don't usually put any thing in my signature....had to add that :mrgreen:

I think emulating a style cause you like it is cool! Starting that trend is even better. Let the creative juices flow 8)

Flat black and red still looks pretty good if there is attention to detail :D Make it your own! Make it tasteful!

This is sweet!

That's Awesome! I want to learn how to stripe like that.

El Duderino said:
i really hate custom really long frames

Oh now that's one I forgot to add also hate the totally unrideable bikes

Dorian said:
Maybe someone mentioned this before.........unridable lowrider bikes

How about "rideable" lowrider bikes? :lol:

A barely ridable one-off styling excersize can be cool, but same-ol' same-ol' long-fendered, apehangered, bent springered, slammed banana bolt-on canti bikes are of no interest at all to me whatsoever, no matter what the bling.

Flipped bars can be that way too, but it depends on the specific bar, and the rest of the bike. So far the "boardtracker" style has managed to maintain a certain variety of character, with some truly outstanding examples, without being "archtypical". (IMO)

outskirtscustoms said:
Exactly, REAL rust looks so much better.

:lol: So true! I had no intention of keeping this bike, but it`s kinda` growing on me...like rust! :D

5152391308_c71fdac502_b.jpg

I don`t think I`ve ever ridden a bike that attracted more attention. Interestingly, folks are really divided on it...some say "When ya` gonna` start restoring?" Others are "Man! That thing is COOL! Don`t do a thing to it!" :lol:

Ape hangers- I don't like 'em.
Fixed gears-If you don't want gears use a coaster brake hub
Skulls , Maltese crosses, spiders , snakes-ruins a lot of otherwise nice bikes
Beer or tobacco themed bikes-just me ?
Flames- the only thing that looks worse than flames are poorly done flames.
However, we must remember that we live in the greatest nation on the planet and we still have the freedom to build our bikes to suit ourselves.If all the bikes on here looked alike it would be rather boring.

MERK said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Exactly, REAL rust looks so much better.

:lol: So true! I had no intention of keeping this bike, but it`s kinda` growing on me...like rust! :D

5152391308_c71fdac502_b.jpg

I don`t think I`ve ever ridden a bike that attracted more attention. Interestingly, folks are really divided on it...some say "When ya` gonna` start restoring?" Others are "Man! That thing is COOL! Don`t do a thing to it!" :lol:

I'm one of those "don't change a thing" people. That's nice.

stretch said:
El Duderino said:
i really hate custom really long frames
hope you aint talkin bout me partner. 8)
SANY0111.jpg

SANY0114.jpg

DSCN6448.jpg

Stretch, you build some amazing stuff! :D Looks like I may have to make a trip to visit you up there and see these beauties in person. Maybe this summer when I bring up some truck bike parts for you! :p

I could rattle off a handful. I'm not going to list them because I want members to keep on postin'. Most of us hang a lot of store bought parts before we begin to fab parts or salvage them from other contraptions, so I cut them some slack.

ckdesigns69 said:
Stretch, you build some amazing stuff! :D Looks like I may have to make a trip to visit you up there and see these beauties in person. Maybe this summer when I bring up some truck bike parts for you! :p
thanks man! id be glad to show you! maybe i can build one for ya. :wink:

Just an observation..

So far everyone is having a kerfuffle about everyone else's bikes?
lol my gosh people!

Edit is in Red

pepper said:
Just an observation..

So far everyone hates everyone else's bikes?
lol my gosh people!

i was starting to wonder if i'd mistakenly found my way to the schwinn forum. :wink:

Trends are what others do to be cool, to fit in. Style is doing cool your own way. It's your bike, hook it up how ya want. I've got bikes on the to-do list that will see semi-flat bk and red rims. Not tryin' to offend anyone either, but I agree that if you ride, you need a helmet. I ride to work everyday and I can tell you how people driving do not pay attention, and cell phones are the biggest offender. A 19yr girl was killed this summer on her bike, the driver was texting and didn't see her. I do think those helmets from crap-mart are ugly thou. I have one picked out
http://www.helmetsrus.com/dotgemabl.html and it's on sale too! :D

Latest posts

Back