RAT ROD BIKES BUILD OFF 2 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go for it!

As long as you say it started as a girls frame and you are adding to it via welding, I'd say you are covered.

Kustom Kreator said:
I really want to join the fun with this bike but I want to do a girls/boys conversion. I assume that lets me out because of the welding rule unless there is an exception for the girls/boys conversion? Please advise... Otherwise I'm going to just go ahead and build it anyway.
IMG_0158.jpg

I'm just curious what that fork is off of. A friend of mine just bought a fork like that off the bay and was wondering what it was.....thanks

I'm just curious what that fork is off of. A friend of mine just bought a fork like that off the bay and was wondering what it was.....thanks

Looks like a columbia

yep, it's a columbia. The springer is why I want to use this bike and convert it. The fork is too long to use in a mens head tube. Just look at the length of the head tube on this bike!

The winner of the build off will receive one of these limited edition RRB shirts
that was designed by martin....our member representing France.

rrbshirt-1.jpg

rrb.jpg

Kustom Kreator said:
yep, it's a columbia. The springer is why I want to use this bike and convert it. The fork is too long to use in a mens head tube. Just look at the length of the head tube on this bike!

:idea: if you want to use that fork on another frame cut a piece of 1 1/4'' black gas pipe and it will slide right over the fork tube, cut it to the length you need for a spacer, put it on below the bearing race and problem solved. btw some cheap pipe has a seam on the inside make sure the pipe that you use doesn't.

I would just like to mention that after less than 48 hours of the build off launch we already have a very diverse group of bikes about to be reborn. With all these different bikes on the workbench, I doubt very much that this will be a boring build off. Are we having fun yet? :mrgreen:

xddorox said:
I would just like to mention that after less than 48 hours of the build off launch we already have a very diverse group of bikes about to be reborn. With all these different bikes on the workbench, I doubt very much that this will be a boring build off. Are we having fun yet? :mrgreen:
I totally Agree with you Gerry,

this should be an interresting build off..i'm desperatly looking for a frame to enter the build off!

I'm just bummed 'cause I'm guessin if I take a mountain bike frame, flip it and make a board tracker outta it I'm DQ'ed.

That's okay, I got my connections on the job lookin for a frame. Okay so my ONE connection.

I'm gonna build my girl's Columbia and convert it to a mens frame. If I get disqualified for it I don't care. It's all good, I was going to build this bike anyway. It's just happens to be the same time the contest is running.

Latest posts

Back