24" and 26" Jerald Slick Tires (Square Tread)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a really cool tire... I think the 27" is the outside diameter and that it is actually meant for a 19" wheel but that is something to consider. I have gone over 40mph on a '39 excelsior with 26x2.25 Duro white walls and it wasn't even coming close to feeling unsafe. I honestly don't think I would be risking my life...

26" is the outside diameter of a 26x2.125 tire... meant for a rim of approx 22.6" in diameter, so I see your point on the cycle slick being a much "beefier look, but I've worn through bicycle tires trying to slow from a single 70mph downhill run - at 100 mph, I'd want something a touch more substantial under me.

I really don't want two of these tires but rather one for the rear and what ever size that is on the front of the green one from page one.

Drummerboy1975 said:
So will either the slick or the skinny fit my 26" Shwinn wheels on my Typhoon?

Doubtful. If they are the stock S7 wheels then only S7 26x1 3/4 tires will fit. You will need a standard (26x1.75, 2.125) type wheel on the back and a 26x1 3/8 wheel for the front.

The difference between 49 and 100 mph is bigger than the numbers would indicate. Top trotters and pacers racing harness are about as fast as a cow pony at full gallop, 25-30 mph. Cracking 100 on a modern street bike is iffy enough, unless it's a dedicated racer ("crotch rocket" :mrgreen: ). Doing it on bicycle tires strikes me as somewhat suicidal. :? :|

Ok I better interject here.... these tires are made for Jerald Sulky Company for a specific purpose. These particular tires are used for our show and training carts, not our racing lineup. Our racing sulkies use a 700x28 tire that is more suited for higher speeds on an oval track (around 35 mph as some of you have pointed out).

As with most bicycle tires, these are rated at around 40-50 mph max. These tires were specifically designed for use on a bicycle style wheel, not for use on a motorcycle.

if you so choose to put these on a motorcycle then I would strongly encourage you to change your user name to kamikaze! :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Tim

I'd be in for a whitewall or two... :mrgreen:
Any updates on that possibility?

id be in for a whitewall! i dont know what to put it on but ill find somethin! :D i know the free shipping deal is over(im silly and didnt see this thread till just now) but hopefully when i get paid on thursday i might have enough left over to buy one. :D

Latest posts

Back