INTEREST CHECK: Bicycle horn replacement.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I got a line on replacement horns for your classic bicycles.

I have to buy them in bulk and I thought id extend the offer to the forums before I go buy a few boxes worth.

here they are:
e69cd4a1.jpg

b9deff22.jpg

they sound great and they are pretty loud, of course with everything of this nature you have to do a bit of tinkering to make them work - if there is interest, ill post a quick video about how to make them work.

Depending on a few things - id be happy offering them in the 10-15 dollar price range.

Interested? reply to this thread and tell me what you think.

the colors of the wires are kinda weird - the body of it is grounded 0 but the positive wire is actually black - when this thing is working, the body is bolted to the battery carrage and just the black wire is connected to the button/switch - the horn sounds with 2 D-cell batteries, but the guys at the shop told me that they had run 12 volts thru them at one point.

I do believe that the red and white wire are there just in case you would run a second horn or maybe even a light in series. The way that you have it wired up, if you push the horn button, it will complete the black(+) wire connection and also power-up the white(+). The red(-) will essentially be an extension of the ground(-). 2 cents please.

Latest posts

Back