The Ultimate Rat Rod Springer Fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
After three years of searching for one that wasn't damaged or the chrome destroyed I finally bought a whole bike just for the fork. The lady was more than willing to just send the fork for the price of the bike. Less packing on her part. I got the fork and she had wrapped in in Duct tape instead of bubble wrap or whatever and the box sat on my porch all day in the sun, YUCK! Needless to say after removing all the sticky stuff, cleaning all the grease off, disassembling it, light sand, and a coat of flat black along with a good chrome polishing ~ I couldn't be happier! PLUS as a bonus, these came off a Girls bike, which has the same size head tube as a mens bike. So no additional threads need to be put on! Now i just have to find a cool frame to put these on!

Enjoy!

Evans1.jpg

Evans2.jpg

Evans3.jpg

Cool fork, what's it off of?

Evans

This came off off an Evans Sonic Scout, Late 50's as the fenders were the round ones, not the square ones of earlier 50's vintage. I tried to buy a mens bike maybe 3 years ago out of Texas, looked like the bike had never been ridden but the guy would not budge on the $350 price so I stopped pursuing it.

Joe

Thats one awsome set of forks! reaaaly like the "hoodornament" thingie between the struts! :D

Hooch said:
great find joe!
obviously Harley Earl inspired!
a little known fact is that the great car designer of the 30s 40s and 50s
also design bicycles for his friend at evans-colson

8) Harley Earl...........yeah a bicycle with fins.

Russ

Yup, I know!

I was high bidder on it until SHAZAM! I got outbid by someone who really wanted it. I went up to $275 and then i wasn't going to overpay for it. Rare bike with all the bells and whistles.

Joe

Ooooh! I want that! Good thing I haven't been trolling the bay lately, or I might have won it, and my wife would have me sleeping in the back of my Volvo for a while (or offing another bike)...
Sooner or later, I'll find a nice Evans around here--the factory & HQ was in Plymouth, MI (between Detroit & Ann Arbor) & I suspect there might be a geezer or two with some NOS bikes & parts. When I was 13 or so I had an Evans, but I didn't know what it was. It was a girls frame, really beat up, brush painted black w/the squared off fenders & sleek chainguard. (no springer) One of my first rats I guess--I kept it at my grandpa's untill we scored an old Bianchi cheap. I wish I had them both now... :cry:

Latest posts

Back