Rat Rod pickup... but pedal powered!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this trike project that i've been building for my gf...
k7.jpg

But she wants something where she is sitting lower... low huh... ok 8) ... whats lower that a rat rod like these?...
1931-ford-roadster-pickup-rat-rod-.jpg

pasorobles2007229.jpg

So, i'm going to tear it all down to the rear axle and build a rat rod frame with two wheels up front, a suicide shifter, maybe disc brakes up front... :D
Please feel free to tell me what you think!

looks good Mike... best git with it

flatblack50 said:
I'm actually going to make a scaled down version of a real bed with a tail gate and a wood floor.

Sounds cool. Can't wait to see it.

Your truck is nearly as low as my buggy :mrgreen: BTW: FB50 looking forward to some progress pics, how's things coming along?

grounded2.jpg

Don't worry, I was only having a good natured, competitive poke at 'ya. First I dropped the stock suspension until everything layed flat on the ground and then built the side rails so they have full contact along their entire length, similar to yours. It's currently set up for a mid-engine Suzuki intercooled turbo. Yes, I was only referring to the overall height and only due to it's current lack of a windshield (lol) :lol:. Nice work on the truck btw, it's obviously a real head turner just the way it sits, will be amazing when finished. I live in a fairly small town and we just don't get to see many vehicles like ours around here unless at a show'n shine in the summer months.
chassis.jpg

Granth said:
nearly as low? aside from body height, i believe I have ya beat :) Can't go much lower than layin rocker :) That buggy is sweet though!

How low can you go? I think I know
767855561_ZVijA-O.jpg

FB50: I know what you mean, I'm still waiting on the last couple of fittings to arrive from China to finish my air system. Can't even mount the air tank until all the parts arrive coz of possible clearance issues. Sometimes it's much easier to plan and design than it is to complete things as quick as you'd like.

Wow, that's the lowest rad rod style bug I've seen yet. The only thing I can say in my defence is: at least mine is street legal. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back