The Jefferson took 2nd Sturgis World Championships

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My partner Joe and I took Second place at the World Championships of Bike building for 2010 at Sturgis in the modified Harley class... The only USA bike to place in the top three in the class... And its a sportster to boot!

The pics arent up yet but here is a link
http://www.amdchampionship.com/cont...ction=viewbike&event=2010world&bikenumber=086

And a pic of the bike..

4776866513_0be3c17bc9.jpg

4776866461_a4c571b7f6.jpg

4777499106_4cac16c4e0.jpg

4777499184_82637e1d9e.jpg

4777499136_46538d9223.jpg

Dang Larry...from what I know (which isn't much) I've heard that's a tough show to win.

That bike is incredible....congratulations!

Man super scooter. Looks fantastic ...very simplistic design and very well done :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

right on!!
that is the contest that only the builders vote and some cat has won it a few times in a row right?

And she might not look it but its all rat... The exhaust tip is off a WW2 plane, the oil tank is the cylinder liner out of a Stranton Areo helicopter motor ... The hand controls are from my Yamaha XS650 The air cleaner is the oil sump pan from a yamaha I found at the salvage yard.. The head light was an ol jeep blackout light.... If it wasnt scrounged it was built.. Hard cash including nickel plate Ive got 5 grand into this (Joe has a little dough but not much) Thats what I think is cool... We stood up to bikes that have 10 times that invested and won....

Congrats, Larry! It doesn't really surprise, though. I've seen the quality of metal work you do and it's right up there with the best. Keep up the good work! Gary

Latest posts

Back