Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Electra Hawaii when I first got it off Craigslist:
DSC02584.jpg

And now:
DSCN1467.jpg

DSCN1468.jpg

DSCN1473.jpg

Mikey xVx said:
3bikes.jpg

Here are our Electra Bikes

Ghostrider.jpg

My Ghostrider

BikeStereo.jpg

Removable stereo I rigged to my bike

mind sharing how you mounted your skull candy on to the bike? i have the same one but i've been using velcro straps right now. i like how yours looks so clean.

I went to Walmart and bought the heavy duty velcro that they sell near the paint supplies (hardware dept.). I stuck the soft velcro to the top of the gooseneck and built it up in the back so that it would cradle the skullcandy speaker. I then took the battery cover on the skullcandy and cut a piece of the harder velcro and stuck in the middle; i was a little worried it wouldn't hold but I've ridden for long periods of time with it like that with no problems. I also use the little rubber piece that attaches to the thing that releases the battery cover to keep it from bouncing around; I flip it upside down and it rests against the bolt on the kingpin. I'll take some pics so that you can get a better idea. If your planning on using an ipod shuffle you can mount it just about anywhere using that velcro. I wrapped the cord around the gooseneck and just leave it like that all the time. The cord stays in place and nobody has tried to steal it when I leave it locked up (i do disconnect the skullcandy and ipod obviously). It works great and you'll be stoked with the result. -Mikey
BikeTopVelcro.jpg

BikeVelcro.jpg

Ipod.jpg

Skullcandy.jpg

The red box in the second pic is where I mount the ipod shuffle; there's velcro stuck to the side of the goosneck but it's hard to see.

OK so i just joined a few days ago, and this is my first post. i got my wife an Electra townie for mothers day last week, and figured, she cant ride alone so i gotta get me something too right? anyway here are our Electra's

My Delivery 8, bone stock, but have a Monarch Springer in black in the mail, and as of ..oh.... about 20 mins ago thanks to the help of cruisehard i have a brown cylinder roll bag to put on too.

IMG_2834.jpg

here's the main reason i chose this bike.....these brakes aren't the best, but a set of Avid bb7's will fix that

IMG_2838.jpg

here's my wife's townie.........she too has a brown cylinder tool bag to be put on but that's about it, she wont let me do anything else on it.......

IMG_2835.jpg

here they are together...........

IMG_2836.jpg

Here is the Electra I bought for my wife for Christmas. I switched out the original seat and grips for Leopard print ones, added the Leopard print tank bag and the wicker basket. The basket is flease lined and made just for pets. I got it because my wife wants to take our Min Pin on ride.

CsElectra1.jpg

CsElectra2.jpg

GameBent said:
Here's my Electra Vince 3i.
It has some great pinstriping on the fenders, chain guard and front forks but it's hard to see in the picture.
Vince1.jpg

Yes the pinstriping looks great on the Vince. I recently got my Vince 3i for some summer fun and I couldn't wait to post some pics on this thread as it's my first Electra ;) I tried to capture the pinstriping and unique fender braces/bolts with some close up shots. On this model (and a couple other Electras) the braces go over the fenders as opposed to under which looks awesome. With the flash shots you can also see the vintage looking diamond designs in the tire tread on this bike. I always liked the tanks on this model and reminds me of a vintage motorcycle. The quality on these Electra's is superb as everyone on this thread knows.

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

-Tony

The Vince is an awesome bike and one that I've been wanting to add to my collection. Now that they're discontinued I doubt that will happen. Enjoy that sweet ride! 8)

Alright, I picked up a used Townie 3, a couple weeks back. Been curious to try one out, and I like the looks of the older frame style and this red/black color combo looks pretty darn good. It rides real nice, and I kinda like having a front brake, for a change.

I'll probably keep it around as a spare, although my 15 year old granddaughter really likes it, alot.

892417001_PC9WB-L.jpg

And, of course, here's my stock Fink.

890132213_9a6Sb-L.jpg

Might as well show my granddaughter's older Electra.

912301280_pXCbB-O.jpg

And my wife's older "ghosted red" Hawaii.

866688197_zbbiF-L.jpg

There's a few certain model Electra's that I'd like to try out, and am always hunting for cheap used ones :)

Love the red Townie....my LBS has one like it, and a blue one with a 7 speed. I'd love either one as a more practical "utility" bike to compliment my Boney Finger, maybe with a big rack up front?

BarnesTO said:
Love the red Townie....my LBS has one like it, and a blue one with a 7 speed. I'd love either one as a more practical "utility" bike to compliment my Boney Finger, maybe with a big rack up front?

If you're in a populated area, watch the local used market. I picked this one up for $170. It's in great shape, except where the original owner had scratched the headtube with one of those clip on baskets.

I sure wouldn't mind getting a Boney, for myself. I just never come across them used, except once, and it was priced kinda high, for me.

I've got a beater late 90's black/cream Schwinn Cruiser Seven (Nexus) that I'm planing to deck out with front and rear/side baskets, for use as my "Mule", for trips to the store, or picnics.

I know I've posted it elsewhere, but I like the darned thing. Can't wait to find a striper here and paint it. My Fat Fink with 24x2.5 rims and an old moped headlight converted to LED. No big whoop. Thinking about shorter apes. Gonna check out a motorcycle shop this weekend.

FatFink1.jpg

looks great :wink: i always thought a reverse paint scheme would look cool :!: flames the color of the frame and the frame the color of the flames ,wow say that 3 times fast :D so what color will you be doing? that Thick Brick looks awsome on the front!

Latest posts

Back