Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an updated pic of my coaster. New (to me) 8 speed hub, new tyres, a new Electra XL seat and some lights. Oh and I moved the bell to de-clutter the handlebars after getting rid of the 7 speed roller brake hub on the back.
4483308593_abd2cde9f4.jpg

Still the best daily ride I could wish for.
Cheers Jonnie

Here's my Electra Vince 3i.
It looks so great that I doubt if I'll change much besides what is already done (Electra seat, Dyno valve caps).
It has some great pinstriping on the fenders, chain guard and front forks but it's hard to see in the picture.

Vince1.jpg

far from factory, but fun. just put in coaster brake and springer fork. i can finally stop now without wearing out my shoes. bombed down a hill once and forgot i had no brakes in the middle of the fun...glad to be alive. :D
4488804680_a9f8e71900.jpg

4488832962_17edb21cdd.jpg

kidricer:

I'm staring at your pics and can't quite figure out the reason for the rear rake. Do you have a 26" front tire with 24" rear?

DPE said:
kidricer:

I'm staring at your pics and can't quite figure out the reason for the rear rake. Do you have a 26" front tire with 24" rear?

DPE,

For some reason, I bought a 24" rear free-wheel instead of a 24" coaster brake wheel (both wheels are 24"). So, I had no brakes for a couple of months and presssed my left shoe/heel against the rear tire to stop. When I decided to place a springer on it, I ordered a 24" coaster brake wheel along with the springer. Now I have a rear coaster brake. The picture in my previous post was minutes before I started to change the rear wheel to a coaster brake one.
Here is a picture of how it is now:
4495512852_746af41277_o.jpg

You can kinda see the coaster brake arm under the frame.

It toke me a while to put it all together but the result is there. Have to put on some accesories but first, RIDE!!
11il7wy.jpg

110fzfm.jpg

really cool look!!! I just ordered black forks for my ghost from chopper us. They have disc brake tabs too!!!!

@!! said:
It toke me a while to put it all together but the result is there. Have to put on some accesories but first, RIDE!!

Good job!!! Looks really nice.

Posing with one of our cats, riding and falling off, I have a Red Revil as well and Sue used to have a Hawaii. Bikes aren't modded except for pom poms and spokey dokes, and some bells and horns, but I made my T-shirt.
Helmets are compulsory in this downunder part of the world. We love to ride and ride together mostly.

bikes.jpg

Latest posts

Back