So, here goes something...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,
I'm Bo from Fort Worth Texas. Grew up around here, went off to school in Denton at UNT, got into import cars and drag racing American Muscle, graduated with a BBA, came back to FW, got a small corporate job for about 6 years, entered seminary and got my MTS in theology, got my first bicycle since middle school (a modern urban commuter), left the corporate gig at their gentle persuasion (haha shady ........), became a coffee barista and a coffee nerd, now I'm designing and drawing high end custom cabinets and doing grunt office work. My fiance had some old bikes, and so my first build is a Flightliner knockoff (from best I can tell). I have another one of her bikes waiting in the wings, and then my Peugeot single speed conversion project.

I'm into spirituality, coffee, bikes, music, books, beer, and my fiance got me into fashion design with bicycle culture influences. Glad to be here.

~Bo

welcome hey lots of interests you know you might be opening a can of worms bike interests may consume all your other ones ha ha ha good luck and again welcome to the madness weeeeeeeeeee !!

chucka said:
I'm new here, and also live in Fort Worth. What part do you live? I'm off of 35 and Yucca about 2 miles from downtown.
I'm on the west side, off of Camp Bowie till June then we are "having" to move to Dallas for her to be close to her new design school.

BVH BIKES said:
welcome hey lots of interests you know you might be opening a can of worms bike interests may consume all your other ones ha ha ha good luck and again welcome to the madness weeeeeeeeeee !!
Your prediction came true...all I think about lately is bikes. I'm an all-in type of personality. haha god help those I love...

BoLiles said:
BVH BIKES said:
Your prediction came true...all I think about lately is bikes. I'm an all-in type of personality. haha god help those I love...

I guess there are a few of us like that here! :lol:

BoLiles said:
"Allow myself to introduce...myself"

I'm back after a month plus layoff due to our move from Fort Worth to Dallas...

Now...how do I build bikes, again?
1.Tear it apart and dont loose the bearings 2.Reverse order of step one....oil the chain. See just like a Chiltons :lol:

pictures coming soon....update on this, my first build:

first off, it's tough building a bike on a 3'x5' apartment patio without a complete tool set or vise or stand. haha...

regardless,
Bike is ready for logo to be added and then clear coated.
wheels are primed for paint.
fixed the hub assembly, crankset and bottom bracket

to do: try to get the handlebars, stem, chain ring and cranks polished to a decent patina; need a good saddle, but can't afford a used Brooks, but need something; clean up the seatpost on the grinder wheel at work, then paint; prime and paint the sweet rear rack I got on here froma fellow rat rodder; purchase a new wicker basket for my lady, as this is a wedding present for her; get some rad grips and get this baby together and rolling!

I never posted a before shot, so here's some so-so ones with my bride-to-be, shortly before we met....

beforeclear.jpg

beforebackground.jpg

I went MIA. Left some rubble with inquiries and such at the time (I am very sorry dudes, you know who ya are). No excuses, just that life has just been a bit bigger than bikes. Still a hack newbie with only unfinished projects (well, one partial rebuild/rattlecan job done), but now I have a proper garage and a soon to be acquired fleet of bikes (I have four free bikes coming my way over the next month)! So, things are looking up. I'm back... so, nice re-meet everyone, I am Bo - a son, husband, minister, traveler, student, bicycle/tattoo/coffee enthusiast, cook, music/literature/art lover and all around geeky grown up kid at heart from Texas.

Latest posts

Back