Venice Board Track Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my newest bike, The Venice Board Track Racer!
It's a 1955 Schwinn Panther with a stainless steel in frame tank, Monark style fork, front disc brake, & expansion chamber.
VeniceBTR006.jpg

VeniceBTR002.jpg

first welcome i checked out your web site cool stuff. neat bike the look is killer do you notice much of a difference with the pipe? one thing i gotta ask is have you read on here much about what we think of those repop monark forks? i asume it is a repop be real careful i have personally seen two fail in dramatic fashion at the crown of the main fork. and with that disk brake i can only imagine that there will be more force put onto that area. a fix as a few on here as well as myself have done is ditch the main fork leg for a regular fork such as a late 70's bladed schwinn fork intended for the insert washers. with a bit of messing around it works great and is much more trust worthy. now that i have totally hi jacked your thread i will step off my soap box but in all seriousness very very cool bike reminds me i need to do one of these.

UN-BE-LIEVE-ABLE!
Dude, that bike and the one's on your site make me want a motorized bike. Your builds are obviously professionally done, they look as though they were designed that way, not like beach cruisers that someone through an old Briggs and Stratton into. :mrgreen:

Awesome work.

so awesome. how much extra hp do u suppose the expansion chamber added? any other engine mods, like porting, jetting or setting the squish?

To answer all these questions...
ratrod... I'm gonna reweld this fork myself in a few days.
bigblock...I've built a few bikes with the 4 strokes,but I prefer the 2s. I'm also considering using one of those ATV engines for the next 'biker build off' contest I'm in.
ifitsfree... I don't know exactly how much power the pipe added, but I can definately feel it when I ride! :wink:

To everyone... thank you for the compliments!

so the e-glide guy is finally getting back to work on crossbow cycles huh? is he actually going to make one with dropouts that fit modern wheels? did he show you that prototype whizzer he has under the house?

looks good - that one guy makes some awesome tanks - i would have bought one too if i had a schwinn like that.

those frames are also cool because you can straight shot the chain and loose that ...... tensioner.

nice work

Rat Rod said:
Did you weld the seat on?

It doesn't look like it's connected with a seat post bracket.

I welded a custom seat post that supports the rear of the seat & still allows the springs to work. There were no mods to the frame.
*edit* (The unmodified seat post clamp is still on the frame under the seat.)

Hey Venice Long time no talk. Love the new ride. Glad you all got someone to make tanks finally gives the ride a whole new look. Even though your rides always look good when your done with them. Ever get you a fat bob tank made???
Later Terry

Latest posts

Back