New Liner-Flyer projects!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New projects! :mrgreen:

Ok, Spaceliner/Cosmic Flyer/Stratusliner gurus!
Can you help with some I.D.-ing?

1.jpg

I get this one in exchange for....

2.jpg

....working on this one.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Soooo styleee.
I'll be hot rodding mine.

The chrome one looks like the Sears version, as it has the Flightliner style chain guard, and the burgundy accents on the fork. The black one is more likely Murray or Western Flyer. The serial # s should be stamped on the bottom bracket, or possibly the rear dropouts. The chrome one should have 'MOD 502' which is code for Sears. there should be two more #s, one is the catalog #, can probably tell the year, and the other is the sequential serial #. The black one may have an x for West. Flyer, I think, don't have the list nearby. ~Adam

Got up at 6:15 in the AM today. What to do? Did a rustoration on this Flyer. Pressure wash, new chain, trued (pretty much) the wheels. went through some bearings, fresh-ish oversized tires, half a tube of chrome polish, AmorAlled the seat, GarageBomb sticker head badge.
Looking pretty presentable. Rides great! Before pics in this album.
I think my friend will like it.

100_3915.jpg

I still need to look for that number. :oops:

I am new here and to bikes, but your black one looks the same as the one I just got which is a '63 Murray Astro Flite. Front fender is different, but the rear rack, chain guard, sprocket and cover, and tank switches look the same. Here is mine...
IMG_0103.jpg

Hey, that works for me!
Looks like a graphic "M" on the switch plate too.
Awesome bike SPUD!!!

There is a tank involved, but the owner has it and there's no bezel.

Here's a couple more pics of this one.

100_3916.jpg

100_3917.jpg

The fender thingy makes it go REALLY FAST!!! :mrgreen:

100_3918.jpg

Thanks! Low-res digital images do do wonders for beat up old things though.
It could use some more time on it really....like paint.
Still a bit rough here and there, but it's solid feeling and looks really good at about 20' away. :lol:

Rustinkerer said:
The black one may have an x for West. Flyer, I think, don't have the list nearby. ~Adam
I have a 54X28 on a rear drop of the black one.
No other numbers.

Thanks for all the input.
I still need to poke around for numbers on the chrome-job.

Also, thanks SPUD.
I see what's missing out of the big hole in the luggage rack.
Maybe a drink holder could be rigged up. :lol:
Can I get a detailed pic of that?

Here are some close up shots of the rear "360º" Flashing light. Mine doesn't flash anymore though, as I converted it to LED.

3a20fdd7.jpg

c55ed8e5.jpg

79cfbc9e.jpg

Oh how I wish I had that taillight for my Western Flyer. We're in the process of coming up with something but it sure is cool to have the original.

Latest posts

Back