So I just got this hawthorne frame...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and I know nothing about it.

The seller thought it was from the 70's, but I can't find any frame that looks like it from my limited searching.

any guesses?

hawthorne.jpg

I just like weird looking frames. I just started working with cruisers (bought a spaceliner project 2 weeks ago, then this last night). I liked the twin top tube of this thing and I think I like tha patina as well. The wheel is pretty much useless and the fork (not shown) has seen better days and might be too short to actually use.

here's the spaceliner (hated the orange... already stripping the paint. Bike I think started red, then painted black, then the orange)
spaceliner.jpg

I think it's an H.P. Snyder made Rollfast or Hawthorne frame of the late fifties or early sixties vintage.

The black frame looks like a Columbia, the rear drop outs and the seat stays are the give away. He other is Murray Built Space bike more than likely a Western Flyer Cosmic Flyer.

i gotta agree, H.P. snyder built bike, (sister to the rollfast). i can see with the way the seat stays curve and the dropouts kinda look like a columbia. cool find as i bet it could build up really nice. i have a girl's version of that bike, circa 63-66'. not crazy about the ridgidity of the smaller twin top tubes, but they look cool.

Wow I think I finaly found a post that has the answer I was looking for :D . I just bought a bike that looks like these ones with the twin top tubes. The picture of mine is the only one I have at this time and does not really show them well. Im new with the cruiser bike style and Im absolutely excited to have finaly found such a vintage bike. I plan on making this bike a rat rod BMX cruiser hybrid. My bike has no numbers or badges so Im still looking for confirmation on the manfacturer and possible timeline of production. I love the twin top tubes, what a find!.
15894942_640.jpg

Latest posts

Back