Pee Wee Herman X1 Replica

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: I SALUTE YOU SIR!!!

Im building a PeeWee bike too,but mine is going on about 15 years now...It wont be as exact as yours,but it will be easily recognizable.

N8NBOX said:
wow thats awesome...are you going to build his scooter he used in the show too?

No scooter plans for the future. I really didn't watch the show, I was a little to old and we didn't get that channel clearly. You did inspire me to brave "the shed" to find that tricycle I have...like I thought, it's rusted up with no good rubber. MagicRat good luck with your project.

awww well you should watch the show if you like randomness....it really makes shows like family guy and aqua teen hunger force seem NORMAL :). I managed to get both sets with all of the episodes for $26 on amazon. I grew up on the show and it had been about 15 years since I had seen it and when I watched it again for the first time I was blown away with how crazy it was. I am glad you pulled out an old tricycle...hopefully you will have better luck finding some rubber than I am...let me know how it goes :)

BRAVO!! i say BRAVO!!!
can't wait to see it finished

do you walk out to the garage first thing, and whisper "good morning"

man, i love it!! BRAVO!!

Hello Everyone,
The creativity on this site keeps amazing me!
Progress on my Pee Wee Herman has slowed down, but I finally completed a major hurdle. I was going to prime it before posting, but I couldn't wait.
This is the two piece upper saddle bag. :lol: Matt

topbag.jpg

Looks fantastic. How did you make the chain guard, do you have pics? Also, where did you find the silver vented inserts for the tank? I'm making a Pee Wee bike as well. I'm in the middle of constructing the saddle bags; making them out of fiberglass. Time consuming!

Thanks for the encouragement. I made the chainguard from metal. I had a photo of it somewhere, but must have lost it when my computer crashed. I will post a photo of it when I can (it's not here with me). The vents are car dashboard vents I found on ebay motors. I would love to see your progress on the saddlebags. I'm sure you've noticed how big the real ones were. I made mine slightly narrower. I've been researching these bikes for some time and so far I have found only 5 other replicas (not counting mine) on the web. Good Luck!

Matt

Matt, attached are photos of the process I used to make my saddle bags. I made a plywood cross-section and filled it with expanding foam, sanded it smooth and covered it with Bondo. (Bondo photo not shown). From there, I will cover it in fiberglass and create a mold of the saddle bag. The plywood and foam bags are just plugs, basically. the actual bags will be hollow fiberglass. By using the plywood cross-section, I can reverse it and make identical bags for both right and left sides. Also attached are photos of the Tiger Siren (Good for you for locating one! They are nearly impossible to find!). I noticed that the one he used in the movie didn't have stripes or a jewel on the forehead, so I temporarily removed the jewel, filled that area with clay and used it to make a replica tiger head. I then painted the replica tiger head to look like the one used in the film.

1249397365.jpg

1249397366.jpg

1249397367.jpg

1249397368.jpg

1249397369.jpg

TigerSiren014.jpg

Lot of work in those, they look great so far!
In the movie when the evil clowns are playing with the junked bike you can see a good shot of the fiberglass saddlebags separating from their plywood backs. Looks like there was even some electrical tape involved in their construction. Yes the tiger head is hard to find. The exact mudflaps used in the movie are nearly impossible to find too. They do exist, but I haven't found any yet.

Matt

Fantastic work!

any chance of posting some close up shots of your saddle bags (all three) and a few more of your process, if you have them.

Thanks.

Thanks for the interest. The chainguard, and three saddlebags are now out of my hands. I have a friend who works at a body shop. He is going to paint them. When I get them back I will tape off the white stripes for the second round of paint. I will post photos as soon a possible. I can't wait to see them myself. I already have brackets on the side ones and installed temporary eyehooks on the top one so they would be easier to paint. Here is a picture of the chainguard chrome. I still need to put the black vinyl stripes on it but thought I better wait. Matt
chain.jpg

Latest posts

Back