The Gooch!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I got enough done to make the deadline.Still some stuff to do but a complete bike.I present The Gooch.
I wanted to build a "beater" so named my bike after the bully The Gooch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePl_PEJKdTc
I started with only a frame and tank.Scrounged a OCC front rim and got hooked up with a Super Kommet rear(Thanks KZ 8) ).I purchased the 24"x3" Thick bricks and 20" rise apes.I had a box full of brass wig nuts that set the color scheme.I added 1/4-20 brass screws in tank and Shwinn excersize sprocket,brass drawer pulls for bar ends,and made brass grill inserts for the holes in the tank.
Hockey tape grips,cheap MTB seat with the cover ripped off,beefy 415 chain,and a set of pegs for the laidies.
I wanted to mix parts up to get a sort of patchwork thing going and make it look scrounged up, so I miss matched the pedals and rims.
013.jpg

014.jpg

028.jpg

015.jpg

The gooch has alot of fans around here.My camera broke and I was scared I wasn't going to make the deadline so I threw a birthday party for The Gooch and told everyone to bring a camera.
010-3.jpg

The kids sang happy birthday while the adults toasted.
goochsbday001.jpg

goochsbday002.jpg

All the kids brought their bikes and took turns riding The Gooch.
034-4.jpg

Turned out good and was an awesome day that ended with a 30 person pool crashing at 1:30 A.M. :D
goochsbday003.jpg

I can't belive how many bikes there are this year and can't wait to check them all out now that I'm done.
This was my first build off and can't belive how fast it goes by.It was a blast tho'.Thanks for looking and all the help guys. :mrgreen:
020-3.jpg

cool looking bike, it is cool to see some of my old items on others builds, Love the sprocket

wow that sprocket is huge!

sweet build.

Thanks guys.The sprocket isn't as crazy to get going as I thought it was going to be.The kids were riding up pretty good hills with it.It defintly moves but doesn't like to stop when you are pedal to the metal.I have some more ideas to throw at the drivetrain but didn't havr time before the deadline. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back