Stretchaschwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
texasbigjon said:
i think i know somebody that REALLY wants one of your frames! :wink:
That would be me! :lol: :wink:
Another fun project to watch! Keep up the fine work,Uncle S! 8)

I'm a little late on checking out this build. Its looking really cool! Here is a picture of my Excelsior arch frame. Kinda different than most arch frames. Almost like a combo motorbike, arch frame. Major Taylor bars by Soma and a Velo Orange seat.
Picture198.jpg

Picture199.jpg

Picture200.jpg

Man that one looks good. I had looked at so many diferant designs that I thought the arch bar placement was after an excelsoir , when it was more like an Iver Johnson ..not having the small part in between the top bar. :)

Uncle Stretch said:
Hey thanks glad everybody likes it . I'm starting to have second thoughts ,about the rear part. It looks awful dinky with the little thin rods. I normally build something a little less delicate. I may have to build it before I paint it and jump my 260 pounds up and down on it ,and see if it will distort or bend in any way.
If it does I have a bottom bracket made out of that scedule 60 that I can weld on there that I know will withstand the weight....Any thoughts anybody?
Eat a salad :mrgreen:
bike is lookin real good man

Eat a salad ...thats funny . Its an old moped frame but I dont remember the name. Its not a columbia though. I keep it just like all the other usless things in my life. I did find and throw away the rubber floor covering out of a 1989 chevy truck I bought once...changed to carpet. I figured it was time to let go of the mat. :roll: Still have the catalitic converter I took off of it the day I bought it... gonna hang on to that for a few more years.

Well Its been a bad weekend. Had a fairly large chunk of my life taken away. Had to put my dog to sleep........Decided to work on the bike some and see if it would help. It didnt....but I got some done. Laced the back Schwinn rim to a Shimano coaster ...and cleaned one of the two rims. They are turning out nice. Had a couple 26 x 1.75 Kenda tires I had bought at some point and I stuck them on those rims. Ought to wind up pretty fast and fairly comfortable. Anyway here is it so far.

mockupschwinn002.jpg

Hey Paul,

Bike looks great.

So sorry to hear about your pup. Dogs become such a huge part of your life. Try to hang in there.

Dan

The bike is looking great! The arched frame really looks good stretched out.

Really sorry to hear about your dog. I have lost a few pets myself and know how difficult it can be. It gets easier with time and before you know it you just smile whenever you are reminded of them.

I appreciate all the comfort. Its tough ,but everything passes.
You know I was sitting here thinking ...Boardtrackfan You have probably been the biggest influence on building style on this whole site. Everybody builds a board track style bike. They all turn their bars over and try for the look. Now being old and fat ,the style dosent lend itself to comfort. In the pictures of board track races you never see an old fat man out there .....There is a reason for that. :lol:

deorman said:
Seems to me to be superior to the seat post mod solution in just about every aspect, w/the possible exception of slalom dancing!

Well sometimes I get lucky ha ha. Just kidding I use to do them all the time. Its a pretty simple stretch for me...now a complete scratch build takes a little doing.

Well my Schwinn stretch has turned out to be a really good riding bike. The only thing it needed was some extra gears. I added a 7 speed Nexus today and it made all the differance in the world. A good riding bike became a very good riding bike. I put 26 x 2.125 tires on it and it did make it slower....or maybe I'm just tired today. Will probably stick those 26 x 1.75 back on there. So here it is with a 7 speed nexus.

7speednexusadded002.jpg

Latest posts

Back