Radical new build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you guys that know me for my crazy leafspring designed bike
bri.jpg
are probably wondering what I'm gonna show up with next on our group ride. My neighbor Danimal and I had some good times building this one. Its a little rough around the edges but shes a dream. This bike has everything you could want, or not......I went full custom with a tail dragger (sparks when you go fast enough) no brakes....go figure and self steering. So what do you guys think?? From start
HPIM2605.jpg

To Finish
HPIM2607.jpg

Thanks to Danimal....I couldnt have done it without you!!!

Nah, thats a Sam Summer Ale. After this beer, I actually had some progress
HPIM2608.jpg

HPIM2609.jpg

The tools used for this are extremly expensive. I couln't get over it but heres a list of them:
1) 3 Fingers (anymore than that your riding crooked)
2) The guesstimation angle grinder
3) The Maybesumore Steel cutter
4) Welder....not nessasary but useful (alternate GUM or duct Tape) :)

Gotta little "nervous"......Thought you were making a pole dancer bike!

as long as I'm not doin the dancin, theres no problem with that. It would stink if the pole broke though :cry: Ya just never know what will roll out of my garage

The 3 fingers tool is to measure how much to remove, line up or add material

hard to pull a fast one on a draftsman Brian when you leave the prints in the background. How many beers did you guys have tonight?

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
hard to pull a fast one on a draftsman Brian when you leave the prints in the background. How many beers did you guys have tonight?

Sorry Ian, no beers tonight. And Brian didn't even touch the bike...he worked on his Mustang hood.

Meanwhile, I laced up a few wheels. Pretty dull night overall.

And as a side note, is the Trout Brook Brewrey still in business? I used to go there when I was going to training down there.

I'm pretty sure this place brews Trout Brook Beer:
http://www.hookerbeer.com/
Don't hold me to it. I've been googling a bit and every Trout Brook link references Thomas Hooker Brewery.

I think the Trout Brook Brewery was in Wallingford right Dan? On Route 68 at the interesection of 150? If I'm correct, it closed, then became the Britannia Spoon, and then something else, and last I checked it was Westbrook Lobster. Don't know what it is now.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
I think the Trout Brook Brewery was in Wallingford right Dan? On Route 68 at the interesection of 150? If I'm correct, it closed, then became the Britannia Spoon, and then something else, and last I checked it was Westbrook Lobster. Don't know what it is now.

Yeah, that was the place. Too bad it closed..beer and food were great. It was just down from the street from the Saab training center I used to go to.

Then we would head down the Berlin Turnpike (rt 15???) for some further "entertainment" :shock: :mrgreen:

Dan

Latest posts

Back