High Apehangers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any shop that can get stuff from j & b they make some super tall ones but you need a bmx size 7/8 clamp stem. you can use shims but they dont work so well with really tall bars

Believe it or not, I have two or three of these bars. PM me if interested.

11ujc6v.jpg

I put some 28'' ers on mine just like the ones slacker has.....I love them! but have to say that even clamped propely they do want to shift back and forth because of the large amount of leverage you have so i welded mine to a spare clamp :D ! They still flex but dont move...i was able to do this as my bike has no chrome but i do think i could have done this and kept the chrome by polishing them up all the time and my welding is er :oops: not that clever :oops: lol!
STP80754.jpg

Boris said:
I put some 28'' ers on mine just like the ones slacker has.....I love them! but have to say that even clamped propely they do want to shift back and forth because of the large amount of leverage you have so i welded mine to a spare clamp :D ! They still flex but dont move...i was able to do this as my bike has no chrome but i do think i could have done this and kept the chrome by polishing them up all the time and my welding is er :oops: not that clever :oops: lol!
STP80754.jpg

Agreed! Huge leverage. Great idea welding up a set to a stem. Kinda limits rebuild potential, but it is practical and safe.

just got some 22 inch electras from memory lane classics for $25 comes with shim.they also have the 28 inch outlaws

cycle junk said:
Ive bought from bicycledesigner.com and had GREAT service even shipped up here to Canada. :D
Thanks! I was wondering 'bout them! They've got some sick stuff!

gcbike: Thanks for the tip!

ExtraBlaze said:
I've used them alot.Never any problems.
THE STIG!!!!!! I thought the STIG was so British he could never cross the pond im shocked :shock: :D
...Anyway... would love to hear how you all get on with your 'apes' ...mine are sadly put aside for night time cruises round our lake and vw shows... i love them and they ride great!!!....but ....cant handle the jibes from ignorant folks heading to work on a mornin :roll: yep i know what they are but can do without it! :D So put my regular bars on for going to work!

I have a connection now up here in Ottawa but need to get enough so the shop will make an order around 5 sets at 25.00 each CDN.

BMX stems (the kind that has 4 bolts with a top plate) are the best for the big apes, I have one from a very cheap Wally World bike they haven't moved in 3 years. No shim required either!

chopper.jpg

JoKeR63 said:
BMX stems (the kind that has 4 bolts with a top plate) are the best for the big apes, I have one from a very cheap Wally World bike they haven't moved in 3 years. No shim required either!

chopper.jpg
That looks fantastic! I love the lines of your bike....it looks so fragile but so grrr! lol! The clamps you talk of sound very similar to like motorcylce clamps the single all in one 'headstock' style clamps ....now they would work! :)

Boris said:
JoKeR63 said:

chopper.jpg
That looks fantastic! I love the lines of your bike....it looks so fragile but so grrr! lol! The clamps you talk of sound very similar to like motorcylce clamps the single all in one 'headstock' style clamps ....now they would work! :)

All the weight is on the rear wheel, so as long as I don't try any wheelies it's all good.

Latest posts

Back