Brimfield MA (Antiques, flea market)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the "group" (row of about 5) with the black Schwinn, they wanted either 250 or 300 for that. Same pic, a little Italian folder (just the carrier and back fender showing), that was $450. The others I didn't see, I would have driven to the next town, ATM, for the Skylark...........If you ever get the chance, GO..............Some people did want to DEAL.

I didn't price all of the bikes in the photos, but the Monark and the Corvette were in the $225 to $250 range. The Corvette looked entirely original except the Cadet speedo but even that was period correct. I thought the Roadmaster with the jeweled sprocket was really clean and one of the rarer middleweights. I also saw a nice (overpriced) J.C. Higgins 100.
The only reason I'm not posting photos of them in my own yard is the high shipping costs to Arizona!

The black Schwinn Corvette in the seperate photo wasn't with the group of five......

Tonka said:
The black Schwinn Corvette in the seperate photo wasn't with the group of five......

My mistake , I meant the black Columbia Thunderbolt (?).............never saw the Corvette.

I really like the pirate sticker above the reflecter on the cwc. If it were mine, I'da just put some new grease in it, and the oldest lokking useable rubber I could find on it and roll!

Thank you kota, the bike is beautiful. So to recap how this all went, I met up with kota at scotts cyclery in willimantic ct, I tried to buy a vintage peugeot mtb from some one riding by, No go (as of yet although he took down my number) Larry and I exchange bikes and ideas, then I go inside to try to check out the amazing collection I've heard so much about, But it was scotts day off..... So as I go to leave A few road bikers are talking about the CW and such, I'm pulling out (still stopped in the lot waiting to leave) when a bike shop patron just backed her volvo straight into my jeeps hitch basket. She said she didn't see my jeep. It is huge and yellow. Halfway back to mystic my spare tire mounted bike rack (which has held up to 5 bikes before) decides the CW is to heavy so I had to strap the bike to my already disabled hitch basket.... It wasn't all bad though after all that I met up with Rob (nlctvw) and justin for a bbq, so not to bad, just need to fix my hitch hauler today

How much damage did the CW do to that poor (didn't stand a chance) Volvo?

Latest posts

Back