Greaser - (7/28) Complete

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Greaser 5/12 update

a busy day today. here's the tank after i sanded it down and cleaned it up as best i could. i got most of the dents out and had to patch a hole that had rusted through.

tank1.jpg

and here it is after the base coat has been applied. i think i'm gonna go with a classic red and white two tone with custom script. that should match the bike perfectly although i wonder if i should paint the fenders to match?

tank2.jpg

Re: Greaser 5/13 update

looking great now the bickering is over :p. I alwayyyyyyyys struggle with paint options and such so I try and play around with all of my options in photoshop before I get too involved...not very good at using photoshop but it really helps me visualize everything.

Re: Greaser 5/13 update

another day and more progress... today i painted the red border on the tank to achieve the classic two tone i spoke of earlier.

tank3.jpg

i was gonna go with a custom script but decided at the last minute that flames would look better.

tank4.jpg

still wondering if i should paint the fenders to match.... i'm leaning towards yes.

Re: Greaser 5/14 update

so after i mocked up the tank on the bike i decided the chainguard needed paint to match. no, the paint is not perfect but neither am i. i've also got a new hawthorne decal on the way to replace to faded one.

chaingard.jpg

i also got my new apes today

apes.jpg

and here's the bike mocked up again. i don't think i'm gonna paint the fenders anymore, but i will paint the rack to match.

53hawthorne.jpg

wop-bop-a-lou-bop-a-wop-bam-boom! old school baby!

hey glad you like it! i still have a lot more planned but i think it's coming along rather nicely so far.

Hey fenderhole,welcome to RatRodBikes.com...its springtime in the shops and garages and after a long winter hibernation,the hungry Ratsters emerge from slumber hungry and ready to eat anything in sight as the mating season (aka RRBO4) starts and the build frenzy escalates.LOL...COOL bike (dude) let it roll...keep do'in what yer do'in and let those in charge call the shots no matter which way the ball bounces.Take it like a true Ratster and keep building no matter what...we ARE glad you decided to join us...Pappy 8)

fenderhole, welcome to the rats. you do have a great bike. i sent you a pm. keep building, that bike is lookin good.

Outlaw

flames make everything go faster. nice bike so far

hey thanks! i really appreciate everyone's input. i've got some free time tomorrow and hope to get a lot done on the bike. i'll post more pics.

Re: Greaser - 5/14 update

got a little more accomplished today. came in for a break and thought i'd throw a couple pics up. first i wanna show off my super butt kicking bike stand...

bikestand.jpg

this morning i spent a couple hours dropping the front. this is how i did it, it's not completely finished but i'm sure you get the idea.

dropout.jpg

i'm working on the rack now, i'll get more pics up later tonight...

Re: Greaser - 5/16 update

that bike "stand" is great although i would call it a bike hanger :mrgreen: your bike is coming along well

Man,that thing's looking sa-weet!!! 8)

again, thank you all for the compliments. this is my first bike i've ever built so it's good to know people like what i'm doing.

here's the rack all painted, i'm pleased with the way it turned out. ran out of daylight today so hopefully i'll get it back on tomorrow.

rack1.jpg

today i lowered the rear of the bike in the same fashion as the front with some 1/8" steel plate bolt ons. i think it worked out well, very simple and effective. also, since i'm gonna be lacing in a new rear hub soon all the skip tooth stuff unfortunately has to go. you'll see i've installed a new crank already. i put the rear rack back on as well.

droprear.jpg

now the bike is so low that if you look closely at this picture you'll notice i now have to use my pedal as a kickstand! 8) well that's all for today, hopefully i'll have more to post tomorrow....

front2.jpg

Latest posts

Back