The D@mned is the best punk band ever

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
listened to Iggy this morning on way in to work...I Wanna Be Your Dog. Gets me all pumped up.

when it comes to true punk...Ramones..enuff said. Early cali hardcore...is a different beast. Ramones wrote the book...everyone else followed.

there are a lot of great so called punk bands but none of them get close to (FEAR) but theres a difference the dammed is not hard enough for me

you guys all make very good points with some good punk bands.
i didnt start this thread, but maybe we could agree that the D@mned might be the best brittish punk band. a tight race w/ the clash in my opinion.
even lemmy(motorhead) thinks they're the best.
american punk rock/hardcore is a different animal.

yes british punk and american punk are 2 different animals both with great bands i do love fear and a lot of american old school hard core not the new crap they call hard core but is more like gay emo look for das klown live at zed records it will blow you away they were a long beach ca punk band that were amazing live at zeds is my favorite cd of theirs

In my humble opinion, nothing beats Rollins era Black Flag. Fire up "Depression" and then the going really gets fun! And every skate session is made a heck of a lot better with "Who's Got the 10 and a half?"

After them, I'd have to go with J.F.A.

:D Well here is a pic from the ancestral home of punk....England ...and the next town to mine Shildon...
STP80675.jpg

We have the VIBRATORS on stage Arturo from the LURKERS dancin with a girl and WATTY from the EXPLIOTED all in one pic!!! pic took in feb this year great night out! ....by the way love the darned!

....the VIBRATORS where playin ''BABY BABY BABY'' ......To add my bit i love working class punk ...ANGELIC UPSTARTS, LURKERS, SHAM 69, VIBRATORS, 999, DICKIES, PENATRATION, X-RAY SPECS, REVILLOS etc etc....forget your Vivian Westwood pistols posh west london bla bla! lol!...no offence to those that like em mind! :D

Great thread, great bands... Sure there are others but the ones that lured me in and haven't been mentioned yet in this thread were the Clash,
From there it went off the deep end. Black Flag, Agent Orange, Descendents, Dropkick Murphies........Favorite band I suppose depends on the moment.

I don't know...I never really gave the Clash much "Punk" kudos. When it goes British...Give me some Charged GBH, not really punk but powerful.

Grab the Burning Amitions comp for a good taste of UK Punk...minus DK.

Someone mentioned JFA...good stuff there!

Like a lot of early Boston stuff: The Freeze, Jerry's Kids & The FU's

:D We [wife and i] are gonna see the Darned next month!!! first time in 7yrs for me! they are touring with The Alarm! How excited am i! Should be a great night will report how it went and try and get some pics for ya! ...the gig i'm going to is at Newcastle Upon Tyne, England ........The Alarm!! wahey! :shock: ....sorry :D

i'm gonna see 'em tonite!
there's 2 bands playin' first, so this could be a looong nite.
good thing i took off work tomarrow :wink:

:D :D :D :D HEY!! I went, I saw, I ....lol! After 7 long years got to see them again last night! FANTASTIC! ....Best punk band in the world? ...No, but they are way up there!! The ALARM [support band]where great as well! The crazy thing is i have seen the Darnits only maybe 6 times but it stretches over 3 decades and for that they must have to move to the top of the heap of best punk bands ever i guess......anyway, me legs are aching me backs gone 8) old age is catching up with me.... thought long about this since thread started ...my fav. punk band is ...... .......
STIFF LITTLE FINGERS and ..... ...... RANCID

Latest posts

Back