BBQ Lover?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
Texas Monthly magazine did an entire issue a few months ago on the best BBQ joints in Texas.

I think the top 10 were all in small towns I had never even heard of and most of them were meat markets that had been around since the early 1900s. I think the best place was only open for like 5 hours on a Saturday from 8am until 1pm and the line to get in each week is HUGE.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/magazine/bbq
When I lived in Huntsville I lived behind the New Zion Baptist Church. My roommates and I would eat there about once a week, they have sold enough BBQ to build their sanctuary and that was about 15 yrs ago. That BBQ was so good you would want to slap yo momma, and they did not skimp on the portions if you went away hungry it was your own fault. Everything was served family style and it was cheap, not like Dickey's or Spring Creek.

Man I need to get back to Huntsville :cry:

Ratfink1962 said:
Ok here's a view from yesterday, I smoked up 9 racks of ribs, started at 10 am, finished at 10 pm.

Very very tasty

Here's a pic of my rig
bbq%20003.jpg

and right at the perfect temp too...
bbq%20004.jpg

Lets take a peek inside...
bbq%20002.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMMM... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Had to come back to this thread. I'm heading for Clarksville TN tomorrow morning and wanted to get my juices flowing! There's a couple of good BBQ places I'll be hitting. I can almost smell Ratfinks ribs cooking on the grill right now. YUM! Gary

Latest posts

Back