witch fork to build?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I spent a little time with solidworks and came up with a couple springers now I need to think about witch one I want to build
option #1
single spring
spingersingle.jpg

option #2
spingertree.jpg

I am open to suggestions
this will be going on my motorized raligh cruizer
131_0960.jpg

Option 2.........Overkill is always better, for something with a motor.

I also say number 2. May I suggest that you lose the lower bracing under the springs to allow for larger tires?
Great job with the Solid Works. I don;t have any experience with the program but I used to 3d Max all the time and I used to teach it.

#2. With the dual spring setup I think you would have less chance of trouble down the road. Both look great but I would choose # 2.

they put the lower brace in for a reason, think about it, if you dont have it, you will have lots of flex in those legs, which could cause bind, but it is up to you,it's your bike, and your hide

Hey your designs are way supior to the ready made cut list dude .... For my taste his stuff is to Long & Skinny ... & not made of alloys .... the 2 spring would be my choice .... oh heck I liked them both ... W/ Brace

BrigmasterA said:
Uncle Stretch said:
Go to this website....save yourself alot of time . this guy gives you the material list ... the how to ...and also a printable set of plans. Just print..copy to metal and stick it together. :wink:

http://bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/brainfork.html
I agree with the Uncle on this one...

I think for a springer fork that anyone could make it would be the Bike Rod and Kustom fork for me. I wrote to John Brain about making one, he said they came up with that article about 5 years ago because so many people wanted to make their own but didn't have any way to get special parts made. He says he made the design simple but good looking so everyone could make one. If I had some dollars to make custom parts I would like a springer like this one that John Brian also made its from a link he sent me :D I think this is on his Myspace too

****************Dorian******************

IMG_0043xxxtwo50.jpg

Latest posts

Back