ks vdub lover

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey, ...new here....hello to everyone. im in topeka kansas, my first love was bikes when i was a kid/teen, now im a huge vw enthusiast also.
anyways talk to ya soon
later

hello, seems the vdub and bike thing goes hand in hand. i have a 72 fastback.

welcome

Hi there.

Steve is right. There's a soft spot on this forum for VW buses. It seems like many people dream about having one, lol. There's a really nice rat VW bus down the street from my house. It's been sitting in the same spot for years.

there was a beetle down the road from me for ages then one day i saw it being towed, i asked the guys whos it was and they said no ones, so i slipped them £500 and had it put in my name.
she was a beast, but then i got in a wreck and it was a write off, never ment to be i guess haha

heres one of my babys

100_5282.jpg

100_5270.jpg

i jus picked up 2 old bikes, im going to post up pictures as soon as i take some

Welcome vw62rag, I'm a VW freak also, AIR COOLED FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome, kansas city mo. here. Did you have that Van in the greaseramma last year?

Another KC cat chimin in here. Sweet bus and the contents are nice too... I used be a bug freak many moons ago too, until a head on collision with a volvo wagon taught me the value of an engine in front of you. Still would like to find a pre 65 to make a rat out of.....someday.
Lancer

Hey, good to see you at the swapmeet last weekend. Look forward to seeing you again at Bug Blitz in May. Be sure to bring your bikes, we are having a special awards bike class at the show this year for anyone entered.

Marty

Hello vw62rag! It seems that nice bus of yours is great for hauling all sorts of goodies! :wink:

Blunderbuss pirate said:
hello, seems the vdub and bike thing goes hand in hand. i have a 72 fastback.

welcome
I think you might be correct Pirate . . . I have a '68 Ghia, lowered of course, with 6X15" Porsche alloys.
The one that got away was a 1956 European-model, rag-top sunroof beetle with fully polished original two-piece Empi 5 spokes, original Empi shifter, semiphores, 1776cc w/dual Webers, etc, etc . . . okay, I have to go and cry! :cry: I just saw this on TheSamba and........http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=421125 I sold mine for less than one fifth of this! :x

Welcome to the site. I had a 75 bug back in the early eighties it was lots of fun. Hope you can make it to the bike show and swap on April 5th.
Peddlers Spring Show and Swap.

Latest posts

Back