New Toy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought myself a new toy this weekend. 1951 Pontiac Gasser. The backhalf was finished as in the picture. The front clip needs to be sanded and primered. It was a good body to start with. The guy who sold it wanted another project. It included the Centerlines and new BFG's, 10 bolt with 411's all new parts inside, new brakes, new Speedway straight axle, new brakes in front, new steering box, TRX 1 tunel ram with rebuilt carbs, new fenderwell headers and a ton of parts. The car is well on the way to be a very period correct gasser except the wheels. I found a 327 today. Should be fun.
The 29 nextto it was built by the same guy and sold same day he took it for the first drive. It is now getting a new interior.

32Ford001.jpg

32Ford003.jpg

32Ford047.jpg

32Ford048.jpg

32Ford049.jpg

Sweeeet! Love the Model A too. And is that a B body Mopar hiding there in the background?

-Mp

nice score!
now ive gotta ask im a sucker for a's so.....whatd it go for?(i saw they swapped the rails and pinched them and tossed in a flatty so im guessing not cheap) still kicking myself for not getting one i found awhile back :(

thats going to be a sweet nostalgia gasser! :mrgreen: plus its a pontiac! bonus points for the straight axle & fenderwell headers 8) bumper less and moon tank in the grill? :wink:

Yes it is a B body in behind. It was going to get a 426 hemi but that was canned. The A went for big bucks. Very period correct looking rod. I remember when he was building it. He was in a wheelchair for the whole time he built it. He has his right knee crushed in an accident and had a new knee put in. He is still in the wheelcahair after a second one was put in. He also built this car purple Ford. http://jordanmorningstarblog.wordpress.com/2008/09/16/
Here is some more pics of the A. Scroll down a little. That is the builder with the cane and red hat. That is also his purple 32.
http://jordanmorningstarblog.wordpress. ... rylincoln/

The gasser will go bumperless. I can get a Moon tank for it too. I didn't get a price yet. The stainless waterfall on the trunk was removed and filled. The hood has to be done. It will look more like a Chevy. I did not get the 327 yet. If it is not a good motor I will keep on looking. I will post more pictures when I get it home. The car came with the stronger and heavier Olds frame.

Latest posts

Back