my new Roadmaster Luxury Liner (updated pics pg. 2)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3157013060_db0be5d0c5.jpg

3156206457_c7e4de1906.jpg

3157010678_68e85b7213.jpg

my Robot likes it!
3157010366_009526db0f.jpg

too bad he never learned how to ride.

I also just got this 6/1 scale version of that bike :D :p :lol:
3157119914_bc7188e8c6_b.jpg

3157118772_2ee46f4c3a_b.jpg

3157119280_f9b8ba4a87_b.jpg

3156285457_08bff6ddb0_b.jpg

3156284981_3bfd43899f_b.jpg

my first skiptooth, and the chain is intact!

3156207187_b12afb2afd_b.jpg

It's almost ridable as is, and I think I am going to leave it ratty, just clean up the worst of the chrome before it gets even worse.

I had seen this on New Haven CL, and was interested, had a back and forth with the guy, and ended up getting a pretty good deal,
he even brought it all the way to my house, a pretty long drive for him I am sure. I took these pics before I even brought it inside.

But then I brought the bike inside, and realized... I'M OUT OF ROOM!
3157120930_e4ea674eea_b.jpg

not getting rid of any of these anytime soon though.

Re: my new Roadmaster Luxury Liner!

The luxury liner (the full size model :lol:) is one beautiful bike. With a little cleaning and some whitewalls, it could be a really presentable unrestored bike. Great find! By the way, is that chaingaurd aluminum?

My LBS has a set of repop chrome fenders for that bike.

Not sure how much they want for them.

Great find!

Great Score Joeymac! How about a riding pic on the small version? :lol:

That Luxury Liner is awesome. Grease it and ride it!
.....about that Spaceliner fetish..... :shock:

Cool find. I agree on cleaning it up and riding as is.

A Roadmaster Luxury Liner was the first rat bike I ever got! Such beautiful bikes... Yours is much much cleaner than mine.
Here's when I got mine:
l_761e0304250129ac8c1ff276719b6445.jpg

This is what I did to it:
DSCN0056.jpg

Great score bro!

Joey that 's way cool. I have the scaled down model version also ;-)

do you have any stop-action movies online? my girlfriend's daughter wants to see them.

Sweeet!! :mrgreen: I just got some Roadmaster Luxury Liner ads at an antique store today, they are very cool bikes indeed.

great score! one of the true classic bikes, that most of us would want to own! :D you are a lucky man. :mrgreen:

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Joey that 's way cool. I have the scaled down model version also ;-)

do you have any stop-action movies online? my girlfriend's daughter wants to see them.

Not currently... but more info on Glarg and Fritz can be found at http://www.GlargAndFritz.com

I bought them a Pennyfarthing... Perhaps there will be an animated biking adventure in the works? First thing I would have to do is rat out the hi-wheeler:
3156176223_d21a5fd1fe_b.jpg

So Joe stopped by the other night and helped me to get motivated to get the RoadMaster up in the stand to start tinkering. So far, I just did a preliminary wipe-down to get off some of the accumulated dirt and crud. Trying to figure out if this bike has in fact been repainted at some point or not. Either way, it's got great patina, and it's going to stay. While tinkering, it happened to become morning, and I got a perfect shaft of morning light coming through the kitchen window, I had to bust out my camera.
3166158018_74d0034183_b.jpg

I adjusted the seat and bars to a more natural position.

3166158430_e91f225915_b.jpg

3166158978_647bc9db8c_b.jpg

Awesome headbadge.

3166162350_da0c295f7a_b.jpg

It needs fresh grease of course, and the front wheel has missing and bad spokes, so it definitely needs some work, but all the moving parts still move, I sprayed it all down with lube, and the tires still hold air...

I was about ready to start dismantling it, but looking at it in that light, I couldn't resist the urge to take it out for a ride, despite its issues. And I knew that no one would believe me that it worked if I didn't record it.

Watch me riding the Luxury Liner here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/joeymac/3166550922/

I was riding slow to be gentle on it and because the parking lot was coated in ice.

Despite being a little sluggish (needs fresh grease) the bike has an incredibly smooth ride. The springer fork and seat are awesome. You can see me bouncing the fork a lot, it's fun.

So it went back up into the stand, to await further refurbishment.
3166162804_21cfe3a278_b.jpg

Really stoked about this one!

Re: my new Roadmaster Luxury Liner (new pics and video!)

Sweet bike man! I really dig that one. And it's nice and complete. Good call on keeping the patina!

Re: my new Roadmaster Luxury Liner (new pics and video!)

Here it is all dismantled, a couple weeks ago:

3230626381_2555703879_b.jpg

Hadn't done a whole lot since then, but Joe stopped by last night and helped me do a bit more work.

3260237734_c63de763a7_b.jpg

chrome cleaned up fairly nice, despite some pitting. Re-greased the bearings. Used polishing compound on the paint.

Ended up going with some different wheels for now, the original set have some problems, and the skiptooth chain is a little stretched and binds at a few links.

So for now I will just use these wheels, the front came from the Dayton I found a couple weeks ago, the rear is actually from a later version Roadmaster Luxury Liner, but non-skiptooth, so I also replaced the front sprocket for now, going to run it 1/2" pitch until I can find the proper 1" pitch parts. That Murray sprocket actually looks pretty similar to the original sprocket too.

And I love these tires on this bike. Can't wait to get this thing on the road.

I will need a New Departure axle nut (preferably a thinner one) to act as a spacer on the rear axle, if anyone has one.

Latest posts

Back