Hercules Brewmeister

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got motivated on the Hercules today. My wife pointed me out to a cool website http://www.britishbicycle.com.
Anyway, the more I tinkered with it, the more I wanted to make like a Dutch pub crawler, so here goes....

this is when I brought er home,
100_6354.jpg

100_6352.jpg

nice brush on paint job

painted it satin black, scavenged a couple of nice fenders from my wife's old Breeze (handlebars too, sorry guys)
100_7187.jpg

100_7184.jpg

100_7183.jpg

Has some nice almn side calipers, chrome headlight, needs a package tray, I think I have one in the shed?
Lookin for a nice set of 3 pc cranks, single sprocket aluminum, maybe a full chain cover?

hey man I have a complete hercules club bike , three piece cranks, good sprocket, dunlop steel wheels, pre sturmey archer three speed hub, man the whole shebang. make me an offer, you can see pics on this thread.http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/vie ... 16&t=11765 make me an offer, if its good, I might even take it to you. later man

had some spare time today post-xmas and did some work on my Hercules, a la Amsterdam.
Dug out an old dynamo, it works! Added a chain guard, had some really cool clear (amber) cable housings.
The thing that sucks is, it fell over and busted my sturmey grip shifter, so I gotta make do with the Wal-Mart mountain bike grip shifter for now.
Pretty much everything else is English or Swedish, no USA stuff, except for the Schwinn seat.
IMG00140.jpg

IMG00138.jpg

IMG00139.jpg

One thing I learned today, don't use one of the spokes as a ground for your welder, it will burn through the tube. HA! :lol:

I have an antiqued brass skull / crossbones I'm going to mount on the rear fender or rack, and get some Heineken decals for the frame.
I think wal-mart has some fedora's on sale to match, I've got a pipe around here somewhere, and some cherry tobacco? Oh, and my leather flask mounted on the frame.

I'm using that to hold the driveway down at the moment.
Spring07168.jpg

I rescued it from the crusher a few years ago, all I've done so far is swap out the suspension to '79 camaro front and rear, and it has a '71 buick 350. Was gonna chop it 4", haven't developed the jewels for that yet.

Latest posts

Back