DoorK / Nodor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
fComplete_Doors_for_Full_Size_Jeep_Truck__5ff8070572734.jpg

Not the correct door but a placeholder pic till I can pick it up.
I think Gallagher did this once...

Carl.

Great name. Funny memory. Hope you can pull this one off.

furyus

That looks like a Jeep truck or Wagoneer door.
Yep. Not the door I'm getting but close. It's a town over at my sister's place. I think it's a driver's side Jeep pickup door.

Not 100% with the name but it makes me laugh so there's that, and another hint.

Think offset eTrike...

GC.

I love the build name. And I think I get the autocad rendition too.

Plan looks good. You got the hovering seat, those rad blob wheels, wheelie mechanism, a door for the hack, objects in the rear view... And did I spy a reverse gear on the steering? Now let's see if you can execute it.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the joke about a guy wandering across the desert while carrying a car door. When asked about the door, he said if he got hot he could roll down the window.
If he had tudors he could even creat a draft...

Gesendet von meinem moto g(7) power mit Tapatalk

more Doork parts
IMG_20210508_221421769.jpg

So if I'm wanting to cruise along and rest my arm on the window ledge, like we do, there's going to be some major modification to any frame I use. I was imagining the door 6 to 8 inches off the ground. Even kicked back recumbent style my seat can't be much higher than that. May have to raise it up a little more than that, but I'm thinking about the center of gravity. The lower I can keep it the less likely to tip over. 121 days and counting...

Carl.

So one up Gallagher. Door on each side for balance. May need lateral stabilizers (training wheels) for that, though. Rock on, Carl.

furyus

Thanks little brother. The powered tire will be the outrigger on the left. Unsure just yet if I'll scoop a curve into the back edge of the door, kinda like a wheel well or not. But there will be some kind of balance there. It looks like I'll be building another burrito-ish frame though. Here's a proof of concept pic.
IMG_20210509_155448715_HDR.jpg

Now this is NOT the bike I'll be using but just a measuring experiment. The bottom edge of the door is at about 10" and top of the seat is at about 19" the seat can be lower depending on the build but sitting on the bike, my arm was comfortable hanging out the window.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back