Jude's finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is great input you all have put in here.

I’m thinking now some sort of a funky urban, gravel all arounder.

What say you @us56456712 ?
You have hills? If you do I would use 44 x 22. There are 22 tooth BMX cogs that can be removed. The cheap Chinese ones have to have the plate removed or it welded shut to get them off, both destroy the cog. If it’s pretty flat I use 44 x 16. I would use something like BMX pedals. I sometimes cut a little off my cruiser bars for all round riding, depending on how far they come back. It’s a nice bike you have there and personally for here with the hills I would only change the pedals, new chain and put a 22 tooth on it. Keep it as original looking as possible. Pedals take a beating as they are the lowest part of the bike and by removing them you are keeping them for the future. I would keep all the original parts in a labeled bag. If the seat bothers you change that, but keep it in the bag. It’s already an all rounder, skinny tires, rack, it’s cool. It’s too new for me but if the wheels are true and it’s original $100 is a decent price.

I was curious as to what the fender thing was and what color your bike was new. I think it was red like this. Looks like their fender thing was broken too.
1616540310408.png

Another pic shows wide tires, probably 2.125 on the bike. The AMF frames have a nice laidback angle.
1616540162842.png

I was curious as to what the fender thing was and what color your bike was new. I think it was red like this. Looks like their fender thing was broken too.
View attachment 153328
Another pic shows wide tires, probably 2.125 on the bike. The AMF frames have a nice laidback angle.
View attachment 153327
Sweet pic’s: some meats on that beast!

The color of my bike is pretty unique... the closest color I could compare it to is Schwinn coppertone.

I looked up some pics on the web and the fender piece is a little space ship looking thing.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they only came in red or black. The faded patina on yours is nice and even and is unique. I'd save that color, maybe clear coat it after cleaning it up. I had a 65 that originally had the star chainring with reflectors, the black paint was too far gone. 2.125 tires fit, but as stated above, no fenders. Did you find the serial number?
34xqfzt.jpg

Police registration...not serial :grin:
For United States resident purposes:

Record both numbers, the serial number and the PD number. If that bike gets stolen, having both numbers is highly beneficial. Bicycles entered into NCIC stay there for seven years and the serial number is most crucial. However. having more than one identifier increases chances of getting a bike back if recovered. In the case of the PD number, it would be classified as an OAN (Owner Applied Number), the same as one etched into a frame by the owner. If one is inclined to add an OAN to their bikes, using a driver's license number is the most common practice with the state identifier preceding the DL#.

If it is rigid like the decals on a car plate, then it might have been a registration. If it peels off then it was something else probably. HPD could have been Honolulu PD or Houston PD or other city. I would guess it was from back when they made an effort to ID bikes, probably when it was new. You could check the old records at City Hall to get the history of the bike. Do you have any idea where the bike came from?

If it is rigid like the decals on a car plate, then it might have been a registration. If it peels off then it was something else probably. HPD could have been Honolulu PD or Houston PD or other city. I would guess it was from back when they made an effort to ID bikes, probably when it was new. You could check the old records at City Hall to get the history of the bike. Do you have any idea where the bike came from?
I think the bike has spent most of its life in upstate NY.

I got the bike in Syracuse

Latest posts

Back