Bike Bunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
They just finished digging the footers for the garage at my place. The parking and balcony will be on the upper level, the lower portion is mine to do with as I please. It's like a basement or in this case, a cave. My area is going to be pretty big, about 24' by 12'. About 10 feet high or a little more. I'm working on ideas for it. I have a workbench and some hooks to hang bikes. Any ideas?
1b2.JPG

Oooooh boy, this could be fun.

1. HVAC system with humidity control
2. Slop sink
3. Air compressor in closet for noise reduction
4. Epoxy coated floor
5. 220 volt line
6. Small painting booth
7. Sound system
8. Floor mounted metal welding bench with rounded bench vise
9. MIG welder
10. Oxygen acetyline torch
11. Solvent tank
12. Sand blasting cabinet
13. Parts & hardware shelving
14. LED lighting, like really good LED lighting
15. Beer
16. More beer

No neon lights or bar stools? Slot machine or pinball? Pool table?

Seriously though, 220 is the standard over here. I've got everything 220 already.
No AC in the plans, but it should be tolerable with the fan setup I have in mind.
Definitely a good sound system, the new blue tooth systems sound great, but I want a vintage style setup.
No welding because of the neighborhood and also the professionals can provide at a low cost over here. Same goes for the sand blasting.
I'll fab up a system for vacuuming/blowing air, but not compressed air yet. It will also serve the paint booth.
I've got my workbench that will go right in along with a TV.
With a high ceiling I might make up a pulley and cable system for storing bikes.
I don't drink beer, but there will be a refrigerator with plenty of local beer San Miguel and Red Horse) and other refreshments.

I was poking fun about the beer (don't drink either) but in a cave it does get honorable mention.

An epoxy coated floor would be a serious consideration. I've worked in garages & shops with them and it is so much easier to keep them clean and find dropped small parts than a bare floor.

Oooooh boy, this could be fun.

1. HVAC system with humidity control
2. Slop sink
3. Air compressor in closet for noise reduction
4. Epoxy coated floor
5. 220 volt line
6. Small painting booth
7. Sound system
8. Floor mounted metal welding bench with rounded bench vise
9. MIG welder
10. Oxygen acetyline torch
11. Solvent tank
12. Sand blasting cabinet
13. Parts & hardware shelving
14. LED lighting, like really good LED lighting
15. Beer
16. More beer
Definitly 15 and 16 double [emoji1786]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J600FN met Tapatalk

It's coming along pretty well. Its more of a bunker than a cave, reinforced concrete. Everything is constructed that way, must be the termites and humid climate.

bunker.JPG

Good to see that straw is still in use as a building material......hahahahaha!
Honestly, I’m jealous buddy, I’m hoping I can get my shop built before the date format changes from 202# to 203#. Hahahahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's almost ready. Just a few touchups and it's mine. I'm probably going to move my workbench and stuff in there next week. I wasn't sure about using 24" tiles, but it will do. This will be a multipurpose room. My workbench will easily convert to a long table for karaoke night. Not me, everyone else. The area around the steps will be where the bikes hang.
bunker 8 May 21.JPG

Bunker b 8 May 21.JPG

It's almost ready. Just a few touchups and it's mine. I'm probably going to move my workbench and stuff in there next week. I wasn't sure about using 24" tiles, but it will do. This will be a multipurpose room. My workbench will easily convert to a long table for karaoke night. Not me, everyone else. The area around the steps will be where the bikes hang.
View attachment 156721

View attachment 156722
Wow, just wow

View attachment 156721

View attachment 156722
Awesome!
Make sure you invite everyone over for "Karaoke night"! :bigsmile:

They just finished digging the footers for the garage at my place. The parking and balcony will be on the upper level, the lower portion is mine to do with as I please. It's like a basement or in this case, a cave. My area is going to be pretty big, about 24' by 12'. About 10 feet high or a little more. I'm working on ideas for it. I have a workbench and some hooks to hang bikes. Any ideas?
View attachment 154063
Stripper pole.

I moved my bikes out into the bunker to get started. It's too hot for anything else with rainy season still a month or two away. This shows how much space I have to work with.
11 may.JPG

I now have all my bike stuff and tools out in the bunker. My office inside now looks respectable. I also have a new hammer drill for drilling holes in the concrete so more stuff will go on the walls. A sound system of some kind is next.
Bunker 14 Jun 21.JPG

I redid the wall mounts for the bikes. This was how I wanted it in the first place. "Somehow" plants in pots showed up, tons of them, and the bikes hung too low for them.
Darn the bad luck, all the plants were dying without good sunlight. So, away they went and I re-drilled and mounted up the bikes the right way. And I now have tons of wall space to hang stuff, with loudspeakers topping the wish list.

rehang 22 Jun 21.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back