Good From Afar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattiThundrrr

Rattus All Terrainus
Reaction score
I got up early for this.
It snowed last night.
Eff it. I'm going back to bed.
This is a Matti build, you know what chaos to expect.

PS Name subject to change
507091d305534fd2f6df538c6ce019d1--moosehead-beer-canadian-beer.jpg

Can't wait to see you turn a Moosehead into a fun build! :D

Proposed Name Change:
The Bike You Have.

Here's the story. I have a plan for a bike. The frame is unavailable. I don't really know if they plan to make more any time soon. So, if you can't build the bike you want...
A couple of years ago, in the process of building Duck Norris, I bought a parts bike. Did the test ride, plus once around the block when I got it home. I hated it, it felt awful, the welds are splattered all over the place, paint is thin, etc. So the thing came apart. Wheels, crank, and seat went on the Duck. Fork, stem, and bar went to the Wonky Donkey. So there is a carcass that I never bothered to take a picture of. Downloaded this from the web.
$_35.jpeg

Might actually run a fender and guard on this, just to give me something interesting on the bike. Speed holes maybe? Looking for an idea for the front end still

Last edited:
I see what you mean bud, the quality of some of the ‘promotional’ bikes are pretty sad.

This frame looks like your standard early 2000s ‘beach cruiser’, kinda looks ‘Felt-ish’ from 1000 feet away while squinting into the sun....[emoji57]

I think some ‘speed holes’ in that top tube are in order for sure. Maybe weld some frame tube sections from a kiddie bike in the new holes to retain ‘safety’...
The front end solution will come to you....maybe after a few Mooseheads...[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proposed Name Change:
The Bike You Have.

Here's the story. I have a plan for a bike. The frame is unavailable. I don't really know if they plan to make more any time soon. So, if you can't build the bike you want...
A couple of years ago, I'm the process of building Duck Norris, I bought a parts bike. Did the test ride, plus once around the block when I got it home. I hated it, it felt awful, the welds are splattered all over the place, paint is thin, etc. So the thing came apart. Wheels, crank, and seat went on the Duck. Fork, stem, and bar went to the Wonky Donkey. So there is a carcass that I never bothered to take a picture of. Downloaded this from the web.
View attachment 156247
Might actually run a fender and guard on this, just to give me something interesting on the bike. Speed holes maybe? Looking for an idea for the front end still

I see what you mean bud, the quality of some of the ‘promotional’ bikes are pretty sad.

This frame looks like your standard early 2000s ‘beach cruiser’, kinda looks ‘Felt-ish’ from 1000 feet away while squinting into the sun....[emoji57]

I think some ‘speed holes’ in that top tube are in order for sure. Maybe weld some frame tube sections from a kiddie bike in the new holes to retain ‘safety’...
The front end solution will come to you....maybe after a few Mooseheads...[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBHCE07_DEEP-SIX-1-SP-ANTIQUE-BLU-00_400x400.jpg
Recall.2015.15128.FeltDeepSixLARGE.jpg

Proposed Name Change:
The Bike You Have.

A couple of years ago, I'm the process of building Duck Norris, I bought a parts bike. Did the test ride, plus once around the block when I got it home. I hated it, it felt awful, the welds are splattered all over the place, paint is thin, etc. So the thing came apart. Wheels, crank, and seat went on the Duck. Fork, stem, and bar went to the Wonky Donkey. So there is a carcass that I never bothered to take a picture of. Downloaded this from the web.
View attachment 156247
A vintage rat trap front book rack would wake up the front end and make beverage toting easier

$_1.jpeg

Welding? Youzeguy overestimate my capabilities. This is a no class class 1 build.
As for a rack, maybe something a little bit more home brewed for this moose, the cool vintage stuff doesn't exist around here. I seem to need at least the ability to haul boxed liquids, for the theme to work.

Time to kick this thing into low gear! Got everything down from the top shelf.
IMG_20210506_160119629.jpg

Ignore the fork, it's a placeholder. Way too big unless i intend to run the cups outside the frame.
IMG_20210506_161703411.jpg

Probably not going to use the front one, but dragged it out anyway.
IMG_20210506_161439165.jpg

The stuff is so bad that I feel no pain whatsoever drilling and cutting it.
IMG_20210506_161203223.jpg

Frame is just as bad
IMG_20210506_161146528.jpg

If not worse! Definitely not going on any trails with this one.
IMG_20210506_161039937.jpg
IMG_20210506_161112235.jpg

Huh, it's not actually all that bad. From a few feet away. After a few wobbly pops. Again, ignore the front end. The Araya will be replaced with a matching black/raw alloy like the rear.
Mockup with tins, and not one tool used.
IMG_20210506_161817087.jpg

Maybe new title Good from Far, Far From Good?
And now it's back up on the shelf whilst I ruminate.

Last edited:
I like the frame, it reminds me of some of the Nirve cruisers.
Maybe you should name the bike after the most famous Moose of all

1620352448829.png

Yeah they definitely ripped Nirve off for the design.
51Z9CfsItqL.jpg

Top tube shape, how it extends past the seat post to the u shaped stays, the length and ducktail on the fenders. Gross*

*My ripoff, not the Nirve.

Latest posts

Back