• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

sram I - Motion 3 parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have a brand new sram i-motion 3 hub when i bought it i was not paying attention and got taken by the seller my fault should have been more alert i need basically all the bits and pieces on the sprocket side the most important being the small arm that the shifter cable anchors to would consider a complete hub even if the hub is toast as long as those pieces are included a working hub is fine as well the pieces i require are listed on the included assembly diagram part #s 19,20,21,22,23 and 2

will gladly pay shipping to my location

thanks inadvance

Attachments

• sramimotion3nobrake.jpg
    sramimotion3nobrake.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 319
Thank you for your reply. the hub was purchased thru a newspaper want ad, more than 10 years ago. not thru amazon or ebay, i would never ever buy anything thru Escam/Ebay . so it was long before the recall . I am just now getting around to, wanting to use it in a project build.
The hubs that were recalled ,were only the ones with the coaster brake, mine is without brake. sram is now sort of out of business, as far as their internal gear hubs are concerned. they still produce derailleur drive line parts. so the only parts available for these hubs are nos repair parts local bike shops may have laying around in their inventories. the hub was never really that popular as compared to the sturmey archers and shimanos . which makes finding parts that much more difficult
again thanks for you input

Here in Poland i can buy a whole used wheel with the hub you need for 20$ or brand new drive assembly for 30$.
By the way, many of the parts you have mentioned (#19, 20, 21 and possibly more) are interchangeable with more common Sachs Torpedo and i think you can even use some parts from Shimano Nexus.

Ok, i've checked, i can buy all of those mentioned above brand new if you want.
Links are in Polish, but you can calculate the prices in USD just by dividing what you see by 4.
#19, #20 and 21 are standard (same as Shimano Nexus and most coaster brake hubs) and are easily available at your LBS, #22 and 23, #2.

thank you for your reply starnger i regards to your shipping costs 2 days ago i bought a complete womans bike with 7 speed nexus hub off ebay .de for 25 euros in heidelberg germany my sister lives there i had my brother in law pick the bike up pull the hub .shifter cable shifter and crank set off the bike he cut the hub out of the rear wheel so crank pedals shifter and hub from heidelberg to my home just outside of toronto canada for 22.80 euros with DHL with a tracking number so the two parts that i really need 19,22 would be $13.26 cnd zolty to cnd and if you put those two parts in a padded envelope and send it regular mail should cost less than 10 dollars canadian so i would have those for under $25 cnd as far as shimano is concerned there are absolutely no parts from shimano that will work with the sram I-Motion 3 hub and the last thing we would have to over come is payment i do not do paypal e-transfer or god forbid bitcoin
so if you can work out something as far as payment is concerned here is a proposal you get the parts get the exact cost including shipping let me know the cost i go and get a certified cheque for the amount make it out to you with your name and particulars on it i will take a picture of the cheque email the picture of cheque to you you then send the parts when i receive parts i send you the cheque
it requires that we have to trust each other so unless you would have another method to do this that is the way it would have to be

thank you robert konarski waterloo ontario canada

my one concern is that the shift cable retention arm in the parts diagram is straight and the one you have pictured is bent and also there is a difference between lengths on the arms from and i motion 3 coaster brake hub and the freehub which i have or at least sram is showing 2 different part numbers for further discussion on this contact me at [email protected] directly so we don't take up more space on this forum
again thank you

the other thing to do this is buy a used hub assembly with all the parts and ship that
sram IGH hubs were really not that popular here in canada number one hub is the stumey archers and then the shimanos i own and ride in our family 2) sa 8speed 1) shimano alfine 11 speed 1) rohloff 3) sa 3speed with coaster brake and 1) sa 3 x9 speed and i have the sram i-motion 3 laying around and 4o5 shimano 3 speed coaster we are a family of derailleur haters in fact i have a t-shirt that says (I hate derailleurs)

Last edited:
I'm reviving this old thread as I'm working on repairing my Kiddo's bike that has a SRAM I-Motion 3 hub.

When I opened it up I found a broken pawl spring and a broken pawl which was affecting 3rd gear.

I don't have the money to get him a new bike and am having NO luck in finding parts.

edit - found a german seller on ebay that sells hubs and hopefully the shipping won't be brutal. I re-assembled the hub w/o the broken pawls and he lost 1rst gear.

Attachments

• I-Motion3 Broken Pawl & Spring 01.JPG
    I-Motion3 Broken Pawl & Spring 01.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 147
  • I-Motion3 Broken Pawl & Spring 02.JPG
    I-Motion3 Broken Pawl & Spring 02.JPG
    320.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Ok there is a german supplier called Kurbelix i buy alot of parts from them i have a sister that lives in germany so i have my parts sent there and she forwards them to me i managed to score all the parts to get my hub up and running i doubt you will be able to find small internal parts but major parts like shifters and shift linkages are still available but not here in north america
The only way you can get anything out of germany is with DHL German post does not ship out of germany so Dhl rates rate are as follows 35 euros for 0 to5 kilos and 55 euros for 5 to 10 kilos
so 35 euros is 53.45 in my canadian dollars and 50 euros is 76.50 in cnd funds and the wait is extremely long last order was 8 weeks getting to me i just bought 3 complete nexus 7 spd igh with coasters brakes hubs complete for less money than the shipping costs because i read and write german i search the ebay ads in the area where my sister lives have managed some really nice scores sorry i could not be of more help to you just this week i scooped up a nexus 11spd igh for chump change that will be going into a build for my oldest girl
PS a little FYI IGH's are very popular in germany as are mid drive e-bikes but you really want to stay away from igh's that came out of an e-bike most are prematurely worn out and are quite troublesome

the seller replied, it's 37€ shipping on top of the 59USD for the entire hub.

I can buy a Sturmey Archer 4 speed for that and the only additional cost would be having it laced in the wheel.

The entire bike industry really bugs me. Nobody seems to support a product more than a year old or so, yet prices are ridiculous. I'm going to continue being very verbal in regards to my dissatisfaction with the industry. Covid just became an excuse/crutch for their own poor management at the big manufacturers and the wholesalers like QBP and JBI

I'm reviving this old thread as I'm working on repairing my Kiddo's bike that has a SRAM I-Motion 3 hub.

When I opened it up I found a broken pawl spring and a broken pawl which was affecting 3rd gear.

I don't have the money to get him a new bike and am having NO luck in finding parts.

edit - found a german seller on ebay that sells hubs and hopefully the shipping won't be brutal. I re-assembled the hub w/o the broken pawls and he lost 1rst gear.
Hey Shanker, did you manage to fix that hub? I had the smae problem, could not find that pawl spring anywhere, ended up making one from piano wire, it seemed to work for a bit, but then part 41 broke, i thinkits called a connection link, but can't find the part anywhere. Have you happened to stumble across this part while trying to fix your hub. Hope you got it together and working. We have the same bike and I had to change the belt to a chain as I could not get the belt to sit right, nor could our LSB.

Latest posts

Back