What is the worst bike that you own?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Electra straight 8. Bought it because it was a bargain and i wanted one. It has the clunkiest drivetrain of any bike i have ever ridden. I thought fitting a new chain would help so i bought a new Japanese Izumi chain for it (actually 2 because the chainstay is so long). It didn’t improve. The sram 3 speed coaster hub freewheels until the grease heats up. It doesn’t climb hills too
8839BE13-60AE-452A-84E5-7665DE8F7846.jpeg
well either. I’m still happy i bought it as i snatched the nice wide impossible to find attitude bars off it for one of my other bikes. It will be making an appearance on ebay soon.

This Electra straight 8. Bought it because it was a bargain and i wanted one. It has the clunkiest drivetrain of any bike i have ever ridden. I thought fitting a new chain would help so i bought a new Japanese Izumi chain for it (actually 2 because the chainstay is so long). It didn’t improve. The sram 3 speed coaster hub freewheels until the grease heats up. It doesn’t climb hills too View attachment 154330well either. I’m still happy i bought it as i snatched the nice wide impossible to find attitude bars off it for one of my other bikes. It will be making an appearance on ebay soon.
I know that Izumi chains are EXTREMELY expensive. Can you have gotten a cheaper chain that has a similar performance?

I used the cheapest Izumi model chain, not the expensive track level chains. Was only $5 more expensive per chain than a KMC. It had a KMC Z chain as standard which still looked new but with very loose links.

I used the cheapest Izumi model chain, not the expensive track level chains. Was only $5 more expensive per chain than a KMC. It had a KMC Z chain as standard which still looked new but with very loose links.
I was thinking of the Izumi Super Toughness chain.

I bought this three-meter fifty-kilogram dinosaur on a business trip in a southern city. He was all crooked, drove badly, heavy, my knees hurt, but I immediately fell in love with him and I saved him. Later I leveled it, repaired it, and after that it was stolen from me.
But this was my first chopper))

z_bdbfd296.jpg

Latest posts

Back