Knife buildoff challenge discussion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered about Ti. But I agree it probably won't hold an edge. And you have to have special equipment for doing much beside grinding Ti. But it IS light! Yay. Be Well, SS.

Snagged a few more autos, to add to: EDC rotation.
20210123_153945.jpg

I used to have an assisted opening Onion knife. It was small, a scallion or something.
it was my every day knife and was amazingly useful in the field at work and for general use.
I don’t know how many times I wanted to cut something that I was already holding in one hand. It was a nice convenience to not need to put it down.

And I like the cherry and flint plan!
That would be cool too.
but there isn’t any flint down here in south Florida. Can you collect quality flint in the UP? A place I miss often. I worked at Pictured Rocks and Isle Royale from 99 to 2002. Lost an Al Mar I got as a gift up there. But my Opinel survived until Florida and I still have my Swiss Army knife. The lanyard loop and a loop of cord is a key to longevity in my possession.

I still have my Swiss Army knife.
I got a swiss army knife for my 21st birthday.

I lost it about a month later backpacking. When I got to the airport security in Amsterdam and had forgotten to move it from my carry-on back into check bag.

I bought a balisong in Spain to replace it, then left it under the pillow at a hostel in Canada.

When I got to the airport security in Amsterdam and had forgotten to move it from my carry-on back into check bag.

Been in that situation before. Luckily I've always been allowed to mail my stuff rather than dispose, and never been detained

Maid: Another knife under the pillow:rolleyes:
The hostels I stayed at in Canada were pretty nice. Some of the ones in Europe, you can see where the habit of a knife under the pillow comes from.

Shout out to the Hans Brinker in Amsterdam, the Heart of Gold in Glasgow, and the nameless one in Barcelona with 27 bunks to a room.

Been in that situation before. Luckily I've always been allowed to mail my stuff rather than dispose, and never been detained
Had a plane to catch, no time for a trip to the post office.

Latest posts

Back