What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revived this project with pink 20s instead of 26s
fc2b4ab7894de1e0033d8cdbc0b168ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been riding Dumpster Diamond around the neighborhood a bit this past week. Still feel some sort of intermittent resistance/grinding when I pedal... I'd take it apart and figure it out, but the weather's been too good not to go for a ride. I just wish I could get this bike to leave a skidmark when I slam on the coaster brake! Still, every time I tried that, the coaster brake proved to be effective at coming to a nice quick stop, so there's that.
BFtD_hawthorne204.jpg

Sorry I don't have a new picture to share of D.D., I'll try and remedy that at some point.

Been riding Dumpster Diamond around the neighborhood a bit this past week. Still feel some sort of intermittent resistance/grinding when I pedal... I'd take it apart and figure it out, but the weather's been too good not to go for a ride. I just wish I could get this bike to leave a skidmark when I slam on the coaster brake! Still, every time I tried that, the coaster brake proved to be effective at coming to a nice quick stop, so there's that.
View attachment 144412
Sorry I don't have a new picture to share of D.D., I'll try and remedy that at some point.
Didn't realize you made this bike in the BO!

Nice! I've been thinking about a pair of those Michelin County Rock. How do you like them?
Like them a lot. I don't get too far into the woods with this bike, and these tires handle packed dirt and a little gravel just fine. They're great on pavement too. I run them up to 60-65 psi and they roll out pretty well... definitely a ton better than the cheap cruiser tires I run on a lot of my junkers.

Edit: if it matters, these are 1.75s. I needed something to fit in the Speedster frame, and I got advice from guys who had built similar bikes telling me that the widest I could go was 1.95 and even that would be a little tight if the rims weren't perfectly true. I was worried when I ordered them that they wouldn't look wide enough, but I was pleasantly surprised when when they came. I love the look of them.

Last edited:
OT on Mustangs.In 71 I owned a 69 Mach 1. 428 Cobra Jet engine 750 CFM Holley with a shaker hood scoop. You punched it and the flap in the scoop opened by vacuum and the air was forced into the carb. It was all factory. A Viet Nam vet had saved all his combat pay to buy it. He had lost his construction job and told Dad he couldn't make his payments. We owned the finance company and Dad told him to just make what he could because he would find another job. He wouldn't have any of it and turned the car back in to us. Dad let me have the car as I was his new business partner. But it was a business and a guy came along selling the then new personal watercraft. He wanted to tow it behind the Mach 1. We sold it and recovered out loss and I lost the car. But I only minded a bit as it was business. It saved our bacon on that car. I do still miss that car. Be Well, SS.

Last edited:
OT on Mustangs.In 71 I owned a 69 Mach 1. 428 Cobra Jet engine 750 CFM Holley with a shaker hood scoop. You punched it and the flap in the scoop opened by vacuum and the air was forced into the card. It was all factory. A Viet Nam vet had saved all his combat pay to buy it. He had lost his construction job and told Dad he couldn't make his payments. We owned the finance company and Dad told him to just make what he could because he would find another job. He wouldn't have any of it and turned the car back in to us. Dad let me have the car as I was his new business partner. But it was a business and a guy came along selling the then new personal watercraft. He wanted to tow it behind the Mach 1. We sold it and recovered out loss and I lost the car. But I only minded a bit as it was business. It saved our bacon on that car. I do still miss that car. Be Well, SS.
If I could only have one Mustang in my life, it'd have to be a '69 fastback. I don't care much about what engine or trim package it is (although a Boss 429 would be sweet,) I just want that body style.

I made some sleigh bells years ago. The leather straps attach to the handlebars with threaded red and green reflectors securing a loop. I've been riding the 2020 Black Phantom reissue with a little transistor radio in a phone mount playing 24/7 Christmas music and my sleigh bells jingling. I'm going to do some night riding soon with some hot cocoa.

Christmas Riding.jpg

Latest posts

Back