BO15 Old English

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8F89C439-3429-47C3-8733-4378EA444355.jpeg

The Money Shot. Only had enough for twelve but it can haul 3 of these. All of my bikes are built with a purpose in mind. This one will definitely be used for grocery runs and I wont worry about finding a stray shopping cart slammed into it

Good beer run!

That new 'find' is really cool! I think by rule you are allowed one bike switch during the build off, so you should be good.

That new 'find' is really cool! I think by rule you are allowed one bike switch during the build off, so you should be good.
The more I look into a schwinn build I want to go a different direction That I dont have the parts or money for. So Im going to leave the Phillips as is and call it done Unless I can get a front brake for it. It makes a great local errand bike and it gets some interesting looks. People look at it very confused and thats good

Yay, more parts. I brought home this 27 inch raleigh record for a future English trike project. I didnt know it was 27 inch but thats ok, it will give it more of a chopper rake. Anyways, as I was stripping it, I tried the front brake on the phillips and it works. Front is a center pull and rear is a side pull. Both work and I will swap them out. I also got a nice complete bottom bracket out of it that will allow me to put a different Raleigh crankset on it and lose the modern fixie thing on there. Sticking with the fixie wheels still though because I have tires for them
B349778F-C0EB-4060-A310-AD107D432E8E.jpeg
556BB501-7E16-4926-9DF2-7ECF4A86620F.jpeg
0E0FC1ED-6B3F-4343-97E0-27FB93F5049C.jpeg

Today while finishing a complete garage makeover, I stripped an Easy Racer recumbent that I picked up a while back. It was left out in the rain and needs too much for me to overhaul it and it also took up a lot of space. So I stripped it for parts for other bikes and an evil thought came to mind when the bars came off. Apes with bottle cage mounts. So the Phillips got a different front end that I like a lot more. I think I will leave the front basket off. I still need to do the brakes right but Im digging this look a lot more
9F43354E-3CFB-4110-99E2-5CE614DB7816.jpeg
AC309423-0989-47F6-8F15-3CC2C9E7BECE.jpeg

Those bars are so mind warpingly cool, that I don't even remember what your other bars looked like! :21:
I like the new funky look!

Well, I guess I gotta call old english done since I no longer have it. Ive been fixing bikes for the local field workers and homeless out of my garage for a while. Last night a guy came by and his bike was beyond help. So I put a flat bar and a different seat on it and removed the rear rack and baskets and gave it to him. He needed it more than me. I hooked up his trailer to it and off he rode. So I may be changing frames if I wish to continue in this build off, I have to see what parts I have left if there is enough for another bike.

Well, I guess I gotta call old english done since I no longer have it. Ive been fixing bikes for the local field workers and homeless out of my garage for a while. Last night a guy came by and his bike was beyond help. So I put a flat bar and a different seat on it and removed the rear rack and baskets and gave it to him. He needed it more than me. I hooked up his trailer to it and off he rode. So I may be changing frames if I wish to continue in this build off, I have to see what parts I have left if there is enough for another bike.

Nice! Very nice gesture

Thanks. Awesome. I believe you are allowed to switch frames once during the build process. I'd award you bonus points for the reason behind the switch.

Really looking forward to seeing the build, I think there's 3 UK bike builds?
Im Sorry but I gave it away to a guy that needed a bike. His wally world schwinn mtb was beyond hope. I do have another set of the ugly blue wheels and blue tires that may end up on a Raleigh Riviera frameset in the future when I finish some other builds

johnp.smith

I ran to the store twice with it so far. Its been great Bike I would consider finished but I just scored a different bike and might need to swap parts onto this on. Not really sure what schwinn it is but ive never seen one like it

3A212C92-9A19-4DA5-B461-488B1ED21EF2.jpeg

Very nice schwinn you found
looks to be a 50's welterweight
do you know what rims are on it s-4 or s-6 and is it one or 3 speed

K
Very nice schwinn you found
looks to be a 50's welterweight
do you know what rims are on it s-4 or s-6 and is it one or 3 speed
It was supposed to have S4 wheels bit it didnt. The guy swapped parts around throughout a group of bikes and all were painted the same ugly color. The wheels that were on the welterweight were English. It is a 53 and was a reddish brown color. Depending on what the guy charges to powder coat my other bike, I will have him do it as well. I would like to get as close as I can to the original color. I have a build in mind for it but nothing else will be Schwinn on it. However when the time comes for it to go away, it will be better to be the right color

Latest posts

Back